PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Mobious XLV

gonracn
09-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Thinking about purchasing a 2008 Mobious XLV and there are 3 things it does not have: Tower racks, Mirror and a cover.
Any leads on where I might find the original or suggestions on replacements that are quality pieces.

09-04-2010, 03:04 AM
The Mirror is made by roswell I believe.

For racks, get yourself some spinner racks. Roswel makes these too.

Does it have a button snap cpver, or does it have the buttons?

gonracn
09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
There are no buttons on the boat today. Looking for opinions on this topic. I really never liked looking at t he buttons, but they make covering it easier.

deafgoose
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
There are no buttons on the boat today. Looking for opinions on this topic. I really never liked looking at t he buttons, but they make covering it easier.

I had the snap-in covers and they suck. Water was always getting in the boat when it rains. I purchased a mooring cover and never looked back.

09-07-2010, 01:07 AM
The best thing about the button covers is on cool days (here in canada that's pretty much all of them) we leave the front covered up which keeps all the wind out. With the heaters on it gets really warm under there which the little kids like too (it's like a fort for them).

jamie_abb
09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I just bought this stuff for my boat

$1000 for a custom cover = local guy rushed it
$125 for each rack / ebay
$150 for the mirror / ebay

brain_rinse
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
For racks I'd be checking out the new Roswell spinners if your budget allows it. Otherwise these are fairly inexpensive when they show up on the classifieds here or on eBay.

Evolution cover all the way. Fully trailerable mooring cover that fits like a glove.

Monster Tower makes a great quick disconnect mirror. I know several people that have them and everyone loves them.