PDA

View Full Version : System done!!!

Eric Z
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
For now.... I have installed or ordered everything. I now have a total of 1700 watts runnind out of three amps. 1000 watt MA running two JL 10" W3 subs, Kicker ZX 400.2 running 4 diamond audio tower speakers, MTX 300 watt running 6 polk 651's. I have a soundstream EQ on its way to help with the fine tuning. I feel like I am 16 again...crazy loud. Next year I may upgrade my tower speakers to HLCD speakers. But for now I am done.

Eric Z
09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Here are a couple more...

MartinCaron
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
wow... i am so jealous... i wish i knew a little more about sound systems... i think i'm gonna do my homework this winter...

MartinCaron
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
How do you know you need a capacitor ?

newty
09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Your wife tell you to turn it down yet?;) I started calling my wife the music nazi after this summer. Every time I turn it up she turns it down.

Seriously, nice work! looks good.

Eric Z
09-03-2010, 03:13 PM
With the battery right there its easy you dont have near as much work as with a car. It did take some time to do but I use it as my therapy time. I installed all the amps built and covered the amp board installed all the speakers accept the custom sub enclosure under the kick panel. I did the computer program to port the second enclosured under the passenger side. I got all of the amps off of craigslist two of the amps were new. Polks off ebay. cap off of craigslist. The tower speakers came tith the boat. The EQ from ebay. Had the enclosure made from a shop I got from craigslist total cost around $600....Can't beat that.

Eric Z
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
The bass takes your breath away while driving. Of course she loves it when I am playing old school rap anyways. My kid said it was shaking pictures on the second floor of my house. He thought it was cool....

Eric Z
09-04-2010, 09:16 AM
So We took it out for the first time after the stuff was done. Sounded great accept I need to fine tune it. Until I turned the boat on and then the ballast fill. I had a ton of engine noise. That sucks bad after all the time I have put into it. I have some issues that I will need to take care of. I may be making a trade for a pioneer deh 3100ub deck soon. It has more RCA outputs than what I have now. I am hopeing that if I rewire some stuff it will take care of the problem. Ahhhhhh.

adsman
09-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Are all of your amps and HU powered and grounded at the same place (battery)? If so check your gains, they may be set too high...

If that doesn't work double check to make sure your HU is at least grounded to the same place as the other amps or to the amps itself... Lots of posts on this with much more expert opinion than mine

Good luck

sandm
09-04-2010, 10:19 AM
check power and ground connections on the deck, and rca lines.

looks great.

Eric Z
09-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I think all of my amps are grounded through the capacitor. My head unit is grounded to the battery. I think all of my RCA's are plugged in tight. They are being run from one amp to another due to the fact I only have one RCA outbut on my deck. I may need to turn down the volume an the amps a little. Will that help? Just sitting there it was awesome but it was driving me insane when all I could hear was was this high pitched squeal. I am not sure about when you know you need a cap I was just told it would help out running three amps off of 1 battery. I dont spend a ton of time listening to tunes in the cove with the motor of so I have still been able to get away with the single battery. I don't know that the cap has helped but it couldn't hurt and it was cheap and looks cool...LOL.

ssmith
09-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I just had the same problem. I installed 2 small capacitors on the wakeplate wires and that took care of the speaker pop while adjusting the wakeplate but still had the speaker static when filling ballast or running the blower. However after lots of tinkering I did find that I forgot to reconnect the large ground that runs from the ground block, at the helm, back up to the battery. I also created as much distance between my power wires and my speaker/rca wires as possible. Also, be sure to turn the gains down as low as you can. There's a correct and easy way to adjust your gains. After all of this....I have no more noise. Good luck.

cab13367
09-04-2010, 10:26 PM
So I gotta ask - why is your swim platform inside your boat?

Eric Z
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I had it in there before I got hooks on my wall to hang it. If you look at the side profile pic its on the wall behind the boat. I have to thank you guys I turned the amps down a little and that made a big difference in the noise from the pumps. Not quite perfect yet but close. Once I turn up the volume a little you cant hear it.

Eric Z
09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Here are the new polks....

bergermaister
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Your wife tell you to turn it down yet? I started calling my wife the music nazi after this summer. Every time I turn it up she turns it down.

I've been in Newty's garage and had a little demo of his system. Pretty sure his wife was not home at the time though! If I'm not mistaken he had all his boards that were mounted up on the wall bungeed down so they wouldn't rattle off. HA!!! :cool:

I'm curious how you like the Kicker SX amp. I'm running the three Kicker ZX amps with Polk MM's but am a little underpowered I think. I'm curious if the wiring on this amp is the same as the ZX: power/ground/remote-lead on one end and the speaker wires and RCAs on the other end?