PDA

View Full Version : OJ Fold down Platform Bracket

cpatten
09-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Has anyone added this to their boat, and what opinions of the product are out there? Seems like a great space saving idea and, not having to remove platform when boat is in the garage would be nice too!

http://www.ojprops.com/products/folddown_platform_bracket

newty
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I heard Wake Makers is now an OJ rep. Maybe they have some info on this. I'll call and see what I can find out.

mcdye
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
keep in mind the video is of a boat without a wakeplate as most of us have.

bjames
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
There has been some previous postts on this. Apparently if you have a wakeplate, some beleive that it will interfere when dropping the platform. You may want to check with a supplier to confirm this. If it didnt interfere, I would definatly get one.

cpatten
09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
First of all, I am special when I saw it I didn't even think of my wakeplate (That was dumb of me). Second, even though the OJ websites shows available for Moomba apparently they don't have a product for it yet, just received the email. My thread starting privleges should be revoked.

* Per Eric Johnson from OJ, LSV Brackets are in the works for next year, they are factoring in the Wakeplate. Apparently it was "a major hurdle".

viking
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
It's all good :)

Quite frankly I forgot about this mod from the previous threads so thanks for revitalizing it.

I'm very interested in a folding swim platform mod for my outback. Tired of putting on/taking off every trip to the lake :(

If there is a solution for wakeplated (is that a word??) boats there would be enough interest on here for a group buy.

Are you listening in Eric?? :)

cpatten
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I will definately keep in touch with OJ and update this thread as soon as hear more on the part availability. Being able to fold the platform without taking it off the boat is an integral modification for storage.

newty
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
If you could do some sort of quick release pin for the wake plate that would make things easy too.

yearround
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
i started looking into this a while ago, sent picss & dims of the bracket etc, but i dropped chasing it. if they come up with something i would be interested, i remove the platform everytime i put the boat in the garage, which is where i store it!

2007 Outback V
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I heard Wake Makers is now an OJ rep. Maybe they have some info on this. I'll call and see what I can find out.

ahhhh, that's why jason has been posting about props lately.