PDA

View Full Version : Water line stain

relaxen
09-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Any suggestions on removing a tough water line stain? Tried bleach, Fantastic, scrubbing bubbles, etc. None even touched it. Thanks! Neal

Yellowmobius
09-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Get some FSR Fiberglass stain remover. Bart's or Overton's will have it.
Really works well on stains and it is fast.

lowdrag
09-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Do you leave your boat in the water or is this just from repeated use? If it's from repeated use, once you get the stains taken off, put a good coat of wax on it and go get one of those synthetic chamois from Wal Mart. Wipe the boat down every time you take it out. When the chamois gets dirty, put it in the washing machine.

Catdog1
09-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Try Mr Clean's Magic Eraser sponge. Amazing.

relaxen
09-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by lowdrag

Do you leave your boat in the water or is this just from repeated use? If it's from repeated use, once you get the stains taken off, put a good coat of wax on it and go get one of those synthetic chamois from Wal Mart. Wipe the boat down every time you take it out. When the chamois gets dirty, put it in the washing machine.

Thanks! It's on a lift normally but has been in the water overnight on a few occasions when not at home. I intend to do a better job of preventive maintenance once I get it clean again. Thanks for your suggestions!
HNA

09-09-2004, 06:43 AM
I had a Bayliner and always had water stains when I took it out of the water, even if only in for the day. "Hull cleaner" works great, but since it contains some acid, it is not good for the wax job. It could have been the hull just soaked up crud.

clark
09-09-2004, 06:50 AM
q

clark
09-09-2004, 06:53 AM
I just sold a Bayliner and from day 1 every time I took it out of the water, I had a stain around the bottom. I tried everything. Then went to the marina where I launch my boat. The guys there gave me some hull cleaner to try. It cut it off like nobodys business. I am sure it will eat up any wax you have on the boat, but the stains will disappear. You can get it at Walmart in the boating section. Can't remember the brand, but it's just called "Hull Cleaner". Hope this helps.

Clark

Keaton
09-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Sunny delight cuts water stains like butter. Its cheap and works awsome.