PDA

View Full Version : Fire at one of my favorite lakes!

Razzman
08-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Bullards Bar Res, one of my favorite lakes threatened by fire. 851 acres and growing with zero containment, extremely steep terrain with no access. Having to use mostly air assets to fight this. Hopefully they'll be able to keep it back from the campgrounds, some of the best i've ever stayed at, it's in the Tahoe / Eldorado National Forest. :(

sandm
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
sucks to see.. we gots fires all around us and been 2 at my lake in the last month.. don't want the weather to change, but hope for couple days of rain :)

Razzman
08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Lat night looking towards the dam and marina, speaks for itself i guess. Last word this morning is marina and parking areas safe as fire burned around it

KSmith
08-29-2010, 09:23 AM
A fire like that is always tragic. As long as noone is hurt, the rest will recover.

I really like some of the photography, specifically the fourth picture in the first set and the one of the fire at night.

EDIT: After looking at the last picture a bit more I had to add "Smoke on the water, fire in the sky..."

saskyrider
08-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I just got back from a fly in fishing camp near stony rapids (near the sask/ north west territories border) and 3 weeks previous they were hit with a major forest fire... lots of damage, his camp was less than 400 yards from the burn path... the owner refused to leave the camp telling me if it got to the camp he would head out on the lake in his pontoon boat.... it was weird up there because usually you see a ton of wildlife but there was none to speak of... not even birds... Then 2 of the 3 days i was up there is poured rain:rolleyes:

go figure...

Geoff