PDA

View Full Version : Post vids of you going W2W

cab13367
08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
There's been some discussion lately about jumping wake to wake the right way, i.e., progressive edge, edge all the way thru the wake, stand tall at the wake, etc. Those of you that do it right, could you post some vids for us to look at? It's one thing to see vids of pros doing it but I would like to see vids of weekend warriors doing it right.

I am in the process of trying to learn to jump the right way after doing it the wrong way for so many years so some vids would help a lot. I'm looking for vids of just W2W jumps, both toe side and heel side, not interested in seeing inverts or spins as I am not ready for those yet.

Thanks,

Al

deafgoose
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Here is a video of me landing my first TS w2w jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6l8FN79Ac

deafgoose
08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Alright guys... I cant be the only one with a video. POST EM UP!

lewisb13
08-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I got a few but I need to figure out how to get them off facebook....

cab13367
08-28-2010, 03:33 AM
deaf,

Thanks for posting the vid. You've got a real nice, smooth toe side jump. Looks like you could stand up taller on your heelside jumps. I'm one to talk - I need to do the same!

Al

deafgoose
08-28-2010, 07:48 AM
deaf,

Thanks for posting the vid. You've got a real nice, smooth toe side jump. Looks like you could stand up taller on your heelside jumps. I'm one to talk - I need to do the same!

Al

I totally agree!

I have been spending more time on my TS jumps because I refuse to be a HS Hero. lol

jamie_abb
08-31-2010, 05:16 PM
I post this video for the greater good only. Any comments appreciated. You gotta love the kids comments mid-way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-56ICDneJ0

kaneboats
08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Uhh, well. I like the boat anyway. :)

2007 Outback V
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
I post this video for the greater good only. Any comments appreciated. You gotta love the kids comments mid-way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-56ICDneJ0

On your toe side jumps your board is pointed towards the boat. Point the board in the direction of travel, ie the other side of the wake. The boat/rope want to pull you that way, don't let it. Hold the rope with both hands at your waist, and maintain your direction of travel. Oh, and hold on, because you'll be surprised how much air you start getting off your toe side.

Hard to gauge your approach to the wake. Camera crew needs a little more practice. Just make sure to progressively increase your edge towards the wake, with your hardest edge being right when you it the wake.

Constructive criticism, got to love it!

jamie_abb
08-31-2010, 07:07 PM
On your toe side jumps your board is pointed towards the boat. Point the board in the direction of travel, ie the other side of the wake. The boat/rope want to pull you that way, don't let it. Hold the rope with both hands at your waist, and maintain your direction of travel. Oh, and hold on, because you'll be surprised how much air you start getting off your toe side.

Hard to gauge your approach to the wake. Camera crew needs a little more practice. Just make sure to progressively increase your edge towards the wake, with your hardest edge being right when you it the wake.

Constructive criticism, got to love it!

Thanks OBV

Rodney NL
09-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah man I have the same Question posted I can do w2w ts and hs but I can't do it with big air only ad abbout 1.5 mtr . I want to see those bigg air w2w into the flats and I want to know the speed and ballast set up because I am searching if it is me or the boat set up that can bring me more altitude.
Great post man let us see the semi pro's (jk) I mean the better riders and I know there are some in this forum!!

deafgoose
09-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah man I have the same Question posted I can do w2w ts and hs but I can't do it with big air only ad abbout 1.5 mtr . I want to see those bigg air w2w into the flats and I want to know the speed and ballast set up because I am searching if it is me or the boat set up that can bring me more altitude.
Great post man let us see the semi pro's (jk) I mean the better riders and I know there are some in this forum!!

Big air (pop) is all about how tall you are when you hit the wake. You could have tons of edge and line tension but if you have some bend in your knees, some of that energy will be lost and your pop will suffer.

cab13367
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I've been working on more edge and less speed and am clearing the wake easily. One thing I see from the Book DVD is that there are a couple of ways to do this. One rider takes a real progressive edge and leans back hard at the wake which propels him up and over to the other side. Another rider, I noticed that he does not edge progressively at all. He sets his edge fairly early then just holds it thru the wake and gets the same result. Both riders stand tall at the wake. So I am working on the second method, which is to hold a consistent edge and standing tall at the wake, and when I do it right, I easily clear the wake.

I'm not having as much success on the toe side jumps. I have a bad habit of bending over at the waist as I approach the wake. I know what I need to do, just haven't quite gotten there yet.

I'm sure having fun though!

Al