PDA

View Full Version : Threw a tantrum five times on sunday

jamie_abb
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Didn't land a single one...but none of them hurt. My only limit is my wife...she hates continually turning the boat around.

Lawdog
08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Didn't land a single one...but none of them hurt. My only limit is my wife...she hates continually turning the boat around.
I threw five tantrums the other day too although my wife continually turned around and smacked me saying "Stop acting like a 2 year old".

kaneboats
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Aw man, you took my wise arsh comment. Nice job!

jamie_abb
08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Okay, I attempted five back-flips. Depending on my commitment, I was landing on my toes, knees or head. Hoping to post some crashing and landing pics after this weekend.

deafgoose
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
At what point does one start trying inverts?

I was thinking I should be doing HS360 and TS360 while riding switch before getting into flips.

jamie_abb
08-26-2010, 05:16 PM

I was thinking I should be doing HS360 and TS360 while riding switch before getting into flips.

Hey deafgoose.....just checked out your w2w jumps on another post and you are definately ready. Looks really smooth and comfortable. As long as you can pop, youo should be good - I think the spins and inverts are both on axis spins.

I just got hs w2w this year. I can land a back flip land on a trampoline so I wanted to start with the tantrum that rather than a backroll. I am only trying to do them over one wake so max pop, min speed.

Just started trying to build up an aerial (side flip) on the tramp so I can try the back-roll.

RideNH
08-26-2010, 06:37 PM

I was able to learn a hs roll to revert before i was able to consistently land a hs 360. if you have a solid w2w jump with good pop you should be fine with trying flips. I found the backroll to be easier than the tantrum.

jamie_abb
08-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I was able to learn a hs roll to revert before i was able to consistently land a hs 360. if you have a solid w2w jump with good pop you should be fine with trying flips. I found the backroll to be easier than the tantrum.

Are you throwing the backroll (as the book says ) or letting the wake flip you (detention 2012)

RideNH
08-30-2010, 07:36 PM
i let the wake flip me, but i took tips from everywhere i could find them

jamie_abb
08-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Crash and burn...I started popping more later in the day but with the same landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85vPdqD6qQ

RideNH
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
try waiting a little longer before squaring up to the wake. I also used this vid before I tried a tantrum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LdrEmeHtcA

bzubke1
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I just landed my first tantrum a couple weeks ago and have been landing them about 50% since.

I first started by trying them at 19-20mph with a short line until the rotation felt right. What really helped me get the rotation right was keeping my front arm straight once i popped off the wake.

Once i got to the point that the rotation felt good i started trying them at my normal riding speed and distance. At first i was getting the full rotation but was only getting 2/3 to 3/4 across the wake.(still not landing them at this point) What really helped me to land em was to make my initial cut harder. At first i was going at the wake like I was going to jump wake to wake. Once I started making my initial cut like i was going to take a jump out into the flats i started making it across the wake and even a little into the flats on occasion. Another big this is make sure you aren't tripping it before you get to the top of the wake. I still mess up on my timing half the time and dont get enough air to land em.

Hopefully some of this will help you out.

saskyrider
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
This being the first summer that i was really able to start going hard again i was doing exactly what you are doing i wasn't cutting hard enough to the wake and was only getting about 2/3's across the wake when landing... i was getting all the way around but wasn't straightening up enough and would fall over on landing... finally last weekend i got pissed off after several failed attempts and cut way harder and landed perfectly on the downside of the wake and rode away.... it's all about fully committing to the trick for me....

geoff