PDA

View Full Version : How many hours on your Moomba/Supra? any problems?

Fman
08-22-2010, 10:34 PM
How many hours are on your boat? and what problems have you had with it?

I have 225 hrs on my '08 to date...

Problems:
Cracked rudder - hairline (warranty)
Leaking bow light (warranty)
Bilge pump #2 failed (warranty)
Roswell swivel racks replaced (warranty)
Faulty 02 sensor @ 2.5 hours (warranty)

Those have been whats went wrong over the last three years, overall been a pretty solid runner.

you da man
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
75hrs on my '08 XLV (new leftover I got in Sept 09). Noticed oil in my bilge at 70hrs, dealer said the secondary oil thingy o-ring had a slight leak.

jester
08-22-2010, 11:46 PM
168.4 hours. Only main issue I have is why I do not have more hours on the boat.

jmvotto
08-23-2010, 12:07 AM
No issue here, although ditto what jester said. 125hrs:mad:

deafgoose
08-23-2010, 01:58 AM
230hrs.

Ballast pump failed (warranty)
Bilge pump failed.
Studs that hold the toggle switch panel and boat key panel broke off.
Destroyed a couple props (my fault, haha)

Overall, pretty solid little boat. :)

VA LSV
08-23-2010, 09:15 AM
350 hrs on my 05 LSV.

Nothing so far that has kept me off the water

cab13367
08-23-2010, 09:45 AM
150 hours and no problems whatsoever.

FamilyMatters
08-23-2010, 10:02 AM
75 Hours 30 hrs by original contest winner (another story) 45hrs by me this season No problem, but assumed Vapor-lock one outing (Air temp was 98 and Water temp showed 98) Cranked after cooling 20 min. Started using Blue Stabil, no other incidents! Very smooth and seamless operation! What a Great Boat!

Darren

thesack
08-23-2010, 10:49 AM
485 hrs on my boat in 2.5 years. The boat overall has ran great. Other then recently there has been no real issues that have kept me off the water.

Problems:
Cracked Heater Core - dealer replaced because it showed up during the delievery of the boat, they didnt winterize it properly.
Numerous stress cracks - Warranty and the dealer covering it
Rosewell Board Racks - Replaced with the Titans under warranty
Ballast switches mis-wired - fixed on my own.
Ballast switch went bad - fixed on my own out of warranty.
Dash Hood and Gauge Cluster broke loose - fixed under warranty
2 Props, 1 Drive Shaft, 1 Strut - opps we hit something
Extensive fiberglass damage to the back of my boat and swim platform - some A$$hole hit us.

sandm
08-23-2010, 11:22 AM
297.4hrs as of the end of the weekend. second "real" owner, first registered owner, boat was skiers choice demo boat at their plant for the first 80 hrs or so.

lots of minor complaints(sure I'd have just as many with another brand, just different ones), but only issues to see real work:

-stress cracks in gelcoat, all but one batch fixed under warranty, one left that they refused to cover. girl at dealership issue :(
-one bent prop, my fault.
-engine hatch strut broke thru the honeycomb sundeck. it appears to be an issue with the launch20ssv and the extcat340 motor. hatch strut sits on top of one of the exhaust manifolds to the point of rubbing a groove in it. had to relocate it.
-side panels between ballast and engine popped out against engine due to 1100lb bag. longer/stronger bolts fixed it :)

otherwise, mechanically, it has run like a top. nice to have her start every time. only downside are that she's starting to show some age on things like screws/bolts and some of the orange vinyl piping has torn, especially on the sundeck. I see them getting re-covered around 350-400hrs.

ian ashton
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
270 hours, 2.5 years

Bilge pump replaced under warranty around 75 hours
Bilge pump replaced myself around 125 hours

Recent (that kind of irked me)
I had a leak from where the exhaust goes through the hull - required fiberglass work, WASN'T WARRENTIED
-ballast drain pump - wasn't warrantied (THIRD TIME I brought it in! for fill/drain issues)

Oh well, still love it!

squeeg333
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
137 hours (only 30 put on by myself so far). And I would agree that that's not nearly enough!

Aeware stereo remotes recently stopped working (think it's a H/U issue)
Several wake plate issues (all loose connections, so quick fixes)
Swim step pin holes are getting looser (still considering my options)

Some other very small minor issues. Other than that, nothing major. Started noticing a little rough running, but could be bad gas. Time will tell on that.

All in all, an awesome boat. The best purchase I've made in a long time!

SEARK
08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
128 hrs. had termostat replaced at about 90 hrs. Only other problem has been depth finder that works only about 3/4 of the time. Get the --- sometimes. Other than that nothing that I didn't cause myself (prop).

NCSUmoomba
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
480 hours... no problems that weren't my fault!

deerfield
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
2007 Outback. I'm the original owner. 150 hours. 325 EFI engine. Blown water hose. Broken wakeboard mirror arm. Both covered under warranty. Torn bimini cover. Not covered under warranty. No other issues. - Deerfield

Salyers
08-24-2010, 09:40 AM
09' LS. I have 84hrs and only problem was the depth finder went kaput! Replaced under warranty and no other problems! Definitely will always recommend an SC product!

mmandley
08-24-2010, 12:07 PM
We just clicked 125 hrs

Tower foot pads walking out all the time.
Cubby door has screws in it that poke you but you cant reach the screws. Hope its warrantied.
Swim Deck has cracks in the black fiberglass leaking water

madriding1
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
2008 LSV with approx 300 hours.
Gel Coat Cracks at the windshield.. Twice warrantied
Bilge pump- warrantied.
Minor Electrical- Docking lights would blow the main Breaker. - Warrantied.

Boat has been excellent for us.

Big Boss
08-24-2010, 05:26 PM
2007 Outback V, purchased new in April 2008.

546 hours on the clock.

Ballast drain pump failed (warranty)
Starboard locker strut failed (warranty)
Bilge pump failed (warranty)
Had problems with vapor lock last summer, dealer added a secondary fuel pump, problem fixed (warranty)

Love the boat, I'm on fence right now about keeping it a few more years or selling before the hours really start to pile up. We use it A LOT. The boat has held up really well so far.

moombabound
08-25-2010, 01:06 AM
185 hours.
- First week, a tower mirror bracket screw disappeared.
- Steering wheel center piece fell out.
- Trailer fender step pad edges coming unglued.
Extremely minor issues, all fixed in a jiffy.
Not a single thing otherwise.
4th season.
Malibu VTX buddy has his in the shop from time to time. I'm not knocking it though, it is a much more complicated craft.