PDA

View Full Version : Carb question

ben624
08-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Has anyone changed from a duel feed carb to a single feed carb ? I can buy a single feed 600cfm for $428. Where a duel feed is a $525. Does anyone have any comments about this ? Any an all comments can help trust me. Summer is almost over.

NewmbaTX
08-21-2010, 01:31 PM
If it has the same bolt pattern and cfm rating ? It should not matter too much. But are you will to risk a loss if performance like torque and topend for a 100 bucks? OEM' s spend a lot of time to provide a setup that works well for all applications!

The dual feed carb was to allow for duel feed to both bowls at all angle and acceleration changes so you font starve out the motor. But if it fits and toe willing to risk the outcome of whatever you get, get it and mod the existing fuel lines. Just my thoughts!

ben624
08-22-2010, 04:03 PM
The oem has mechanical secondaries and the other one is vacumn secondaries. The oem is a 4150 an Skidim recomends the 4160 which is the vacumn secondaries. That is the only difference. That is why oem 4150 is duel feed and the 4160 single feed. But I was just wondering if anyone has change their carb to this. An if changing the fuel lines was a major pain.

cham
08-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm getting my OEM dual feed carb rebuilt by guaranteed carbs. Once they're done rebuilding it they put it on a flow bench and set the mixture for you so it's ready to rock once you get it back. $250 and that includes shipping both ways.