PDA

View Full Version : engine won't pass 1200 rpm (help)

papou
08-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi i need some help im at the cottage on vacation the problem is when i'm accelerating it will stop at 1200 rpm even when i push full throtle the engine does not mis or run bad in any way i must bring it back to nutral and accelerate three times or more before the boat will run good turning the key off and restarting it will run good

325 tbi 262 hours i suspect tps but not sure closest dealer is 4 hours

cab13367
08-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi i need some help im at the cottage on vacation the problem is when i'm accelerating it will stop at 1200 rpm even when i push full throtle the engine does not mis or run bad in any way i must bring it back to nutral and accelerate three times or more before the boat will run good turning the key off and restarting it will run good

325 tbi 262 hours i suspect tps but not sure closest dealer is 4 hours

Do u have perfect pass?

papou
08-19-2010, 12:06 AM
yes i have perfect pass

deepcove
08-19-2010, 12:42 AM
If the problem is only while under load and it revs fine in neutral I would start with the fuel filter which should be changed every 100 hours.

Canuckle Head
08-19-2010, 01:44 AM
yes i have perfect pass

Is it turned on? ;) (Giggle)

lewisb13
08-19-2010, 07:44 AM
My engine was doing this when the impeller went. The boat was going into "limp" mode. Check and make sure your boat isnt overheating.

papou
08-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Is it turned on? ;) (Giggle)

no it even does it when its disconected fuel filter,water separator.cap and rotor wires and plugs all new. I checked the impeller and it good.

phil

lewisb13
08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
I mean lets talk basics here. Your engine starts so you know that timing, fuel, and spark are there, but when you try to increase the fuel delivery (more throttle) the engine wont do it. Cap and rotor? Mine is distributorless ignition also. Sounds like you might be having some vapor lock issues possibly. You using the BLUE stabil? Just thinking out loud here.

papou
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
I mean lets talk basics here. Your engine starts so you know that timing, fuel, and spark are there, but when you try to increase the fuel delivery (more throttle) the engine wont do it. Cap and rotor? Mine is distributorless ignition also. Sounds like you might be having some vapor lock issues possibly. You using the BLUE stabil? Just thinking out loud here.

i don't think its vapor lock if i shut off ang restart it will run good the boat will do it cold to.

phil

lewisb13
08-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Any way to verify fuel pump pressure?

papou
08-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Any way to verify fuel pump pressure?

no i don't have a pressure tester
i tried to jimmyrig one i just had gas spray everyware

driven sydeways
08-19-2010, 10:30 AM
does it die out at 1200? slow sputtering or a sharp even cut? could this be a limp home mode for some reason, due to faulty oil pressure sensor, coolant sensor? if its a tbi, you should be able to pop off the spark arrestor and check the spray pattern of the injector(s?) nice even cone shape is what you should have. how about the transmission, can that send a boat into limp mode? if its low on fluid or if some sensor is bad. just random thoughts. hope you can salvage your vacation!

papou
08-19-2010, 12:09 PM
does it die out at 1200? slow sputtering or a sharp even cut? could this be a limp home mode for some reason, due to faulty oil pressure sensor, coolant sensor? if its a tbi, you should be able to pop off the spark arrestor and check the spray pattern of the injector(s?) nice even cone shape is what you should have. how about the transmission, can that send a boat into limp mode? if its low on fluid or if some sensor is bad. just random thoughts. hope you can salvage your vacation!

if i'm pulling a wakeborder from idle the boat gets to about 1800to2200 then drop to 1200 if i accelerate at 1200 rpm you can see throtle open but same amount of fuel comming out of injector
(when boat runs good you see the difrence of fuel from injector)

phil

lewisb13
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
So since it sounds like you bypassed everything in the fuel system, I think it might be a good time to figure out what your fuel pressure is however you need to go about doing that.

papou
08-20-2010, 11:12 PM
i think it's fixed i had wires on back of engine rub through and short on engine near moduel.

put on 4 hours today with no problem thanks for the help.

phil

Moombamobiusxlv
05-23-2021, 01:18 PM
Hello I am having the same problem with my xlv, did you figure out what the issue was? I have great idle just won’t run over 1200rpm perfect pass off. Ty