PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust puncture

schreibtribe
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I have a hole in the exhaust. It's about the size of the tip of a pinky finger. The whole is flowing a constant stream of water into the engine compartment. bilge works fine so it is mitigating most of the water intake. What material can I use to patch the whole?

lewisb13
08-18-2010, 12:03 PM
High temp quick steel? High temp JB Weld? MIG welder?

Mikes
08-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Is the hole in the manifold,hose,muffler,thru hull?

brain_rinse
08-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Are you sure it's not the muffler drain? If so you just need to find the screw in the bilge area. :) Even if it's not the drain I'd be tempted to "patch it" in the same way the drain hole is plugged - self tapping screw. Any other patch you run a good chance of failure due to constant water/heat exposure.

cab13367
08-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Are you sure it's not the muffler drain? If so you just need to find the screw in the bilge area. :) Even if it's not the drain I'd be tempted to "patch it" in the same way the drain hole is plugged - self tapping screw. Any other patch you run a good chance of failure due to constant water/heat exposure.

Good suggestion, brain, that he might be missing the drain screw. I was just wondering how the heck you poke a pinky size hole in the muffler.

viking
08-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Ya - and where is the hole? manifold, exhaust tube, ect.... That would make a difference.