PDA

View Full Version : Roswell board rack bungee connectors

Fman
08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I just recieved a new set of Roswell stainless clips, my other alum. clips were broken. The new clips are great, unfortunately they only sent me two crimp on bungee clips and one broke when I was installing. So now I need to think of another way to connect the bungee strap around the spline end.

I went to the hardware store and they dont sell the little bungee clips Roswell uses, and I am not a big fan of them anyway. I think its a crappy way to connect the bungee, there has to be something better out there in alum. or stainless.

Anyone have any ideas? appreciate any help, see attached pics....

Thanks....

sandm
08-18-2010, 08:52 AM
did yours not come with the rubberized covers that hide the "staple" that roswell uses? mine have the same connectors and they work real well when attached right, but I also have some rubber covers that slide over them to hide them.

had to do the same clip replacement last year late and 2 weeks ago, had one of the rubber bungee straps break, so I need to replace :(

TahitiVC
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
You could try to use Hog Rings. They do require a special "plier" to install them but they would work. They are used a lot on upholstry and should be pretty easy to find.

Fman
08-18-2010, 09:05 PM
did yours not come with the rubberized covers that hide the "staple" that roswell uses? mine have the same connectors and they work real well when attached right, but I also have some rubber covers that slide over them to hide them.

had to do the same clip replacement last year late and 2 weeks ago, had one of the rubber bungee straps break, so I need to replace :(

Yes they did come with the rubber covers, just not a bg fan of "hog rings", I have found some shock cord hooks I might give a try instead that clip onto the splines. The shock cord is 1/4" if you need to replace them.