PDA

View Full Version : Wake plate gauge issue

jetpilot2002
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I am starting to have problems with my wake plate gauge, after the boat sits for a few days and we go to use it again, the wake plate works but the gauge does not and then after a hour or so it just starts working again, but reacts slow to what I am adjusting. Do I need a new gauge or is there something wrong with the wiring? I have had the boat for two seasons now and it has about 100 hrs on it.
________
Extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

moombahighrider
08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I have a similar issue with mine. The guage intermitantly does not work and other times it is just slow to respond. I figure wiring is the issue, but I have not had time to mess with it yet.

When I bought the boat, they had the same problem when giving me a run through of the features and operation. They fixed it overnight before i picked it up and said that it was one of the wiring connectors ziptied too tight. As you may have seen from other posts on other electrical topics, SC has an over zealous zip tie installer in the factory. I would trace the wiring back and check ever connector for a solid fit. that is what i plan on doing when I get around to it.

squeeg333
08-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Are you sure it's a gauge issue, or is the plate itself actually not moving, or moving very slow. This is a common occurance because of the spade connectors at the steering column for the wakeplate. These connectors tend to come loose a lot. Check there first, as that is most likely your problem. It's a tight squeeze to check them, but I'll bet you've got a loose connector up there.

jetpilot2002
08-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Are you sure it's a gauge issue, or is the plate itself actually not moving, or moving very slow. This is a common occurance because of the spade connectors at the steering column for the wakeplate. These connectors tend to come loose a lot. Check there first, as that is most likely your problem. It's a tight squeeze to check them, but I'll bet you've got a loose connector up there.

I will check the connections at the steering wheel and also see how fast the wakeplate moves out of the water, thanks for all of your help guys.
________
Toyota celica gt-four specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four)

jetpilot2002
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM

I check the wake plate while someone moved it up and down and it was moving faster then the gauge was displaying. When I first started to move the wake plate the gauge did not even move and the plate was moving normal up and down and then after a few times putting the plate up and down the gauge slowly started to re-act to the position of the plate and after about 1/2 the gauge was operating normal. I have no idea what the problem could be.
________
RA107 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_RA107)

bzubke1
08-20-2010, 12:53 PM
my boat does this too checked the wires into the gauge and everything seemed ok. i guess i should check for some tight zip ties.