PDA

View Full Version : Ready to get back on it

skiyaker
08-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Well it's been almost 5 weeks since I sprained my ankle and now I'm walking pretty well without cane or crutch and spent most of today without a brace. Still a little swelling late in the day but it's now about a one beer injury. Strength isn't 100% yet but I can start to raise up on my toes just a little. I'm heading up to lake tippecanoe next week and I'm told they put in a slalom course there so I think it will be go time. I'll probably slow it down and take it easy for the rest of the season and heck with 5 weeks off I might be back to "preseason" form but we'll see. The way I see it taking 5 weeks off is like having an extra january right in the middle of the season! Sled thanks for convincing me to get a dry suit last spring 'cause I don't plan on putting the boat up anytime soon!

BensonWdby
08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Remeber to warm up good first, stretch after, and for sure start with passes you know you can make... Good luck.
Dave

skiyaker
08-28-2010, 09:16 PM
well just got back from a week at lake tippecanoe in Indiana- what a beautiful lake and we had great weather. I was able to ski again though ankle still can't take a lot of pressure. Just worked on some pull out drills and generally enjoyed being back behind the boat. Here's a pick my friend took from his boat I was starting up.

skiyaker
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
well tomorrow marks 7 weeks since I tried to see whether my ankle could twist 360 degrees- and I'm finally ready to try the course again conditions permitting. It certainly screwed up my goals for the year but I'm just gonna have fun and do what I can. Starting to plan my off season conditioning and goal of hitting the water on my birthday next spring (March 11) unless the lake is frozen!

skiyaker
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
it was good- no place to free ski close by and I could only make it out for an hour or so so I went to the ski lake. Just took 4 passes- made them all at 28 mph about 1/2 way between green and red buoys-definitely didn't push it. foot didn't hurt at all while skiing but I can feel it today- felt great just to work on the course timing again. I moved the bindings back to the factory position and droped the front of the fin down a very tiny amount and it's the best the ski has felt since I got it.