PDA

View Full Version : Kicker ZXM-RLC - My appologies...

ian ashton
08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Well, as it turns out, it wasn't the ZXM-RLC that was bad, it's something to do with my Kenwood head unit. When I run my iPod directly into the input RLC it works PERFECTLY. I must just be getting a poor signal from the head unit that is amplified by the line-driver portion of the RLC. It's weird that the sound quality is perfectly fine when I run from the head unit through the same RCAs to the amps, but whatever. I'm glad I figured it out, and THANK YOU to Kicker and Exile for such great customer service. I think I owe Kicker a few bucks for shipping!

EarmarkMarine
08-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Ian,
It sounds like you have a ways to go yet before totally resolving the problem.
There is obviously a compatibility issue between the Kenwood and Kicker. I'm guessing you have voltage being passed down the RCA shield which is disrupting the operation. You probably don't have it on the Ipod bacause it was running on the battery and was ungrounded at the time which isn't really telling of much. Send me an email, not a PM, and we'll set up a phone conversation. I don't want to see you go out and replace the source unit only to still have the issue or have the issue repeat in a few months. I've got a couple of easy diagnostic steps to take.

David
Earmark Marine