PDA

View Full Version : Board Size?

lewisb13
08-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Im just curious as to what size board I should be using. I am 5'11 and weigh 160 lbs. I can do inverted tricks here and there and would like to get much better. I am currently riding a 140 State with State bindings, but I feel like Im being held back by the board, but not sure...

deafgoose
08-16-2010, 10:12 AM
You should be getting a 135-139

http://www.evogear.com/how-to-choose-a-wakeboard-and-wakeboard-size-chart.aspx

lewisb13
08-16-2010, 10:17 AM
You should be getting a 135-139

http://www.evogear.com/how-to-choose-a-wakeboard-and-wakeboard-size-chart.aspx

Actually a post that you made in another thread really made me question this. You seem to be about my size, and your board looks a lot shorter than mine. Seems like you also have your stance as wide as it will go?

you da man
08-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm 6'00" and 160. I ride a 139 Ronix. You'll find it's all preference. You'll even see some lightweights riding 140+ length boards and some of the best female riders are doing the 140 boards.

saskyrider
08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
i'm 5'8" and riding a 137... my first board was a 143 and since then my last 2 boards have been 137's and i find that for me it's the right size... it's just like when your buying a boat.... get in (or in this case "on") as many diff. lengths of boards before you buy...

One of my buddies is the same height as me but he weighs 245 and he rides a 137 as well... i'd of thought he'd need more board but that's what he likes...

Geoff:)

maxpower220
08-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Board size isn't really the issue as many different sizes "fit" many different weights. You should determine what you like and don't like as far as charactertics of a board. 3 stage or continuous rocker. 0, single, or multiple rails, intergrated or removable fins, tail shapes, and overall wideth. Also, don't think that one board maker makes that "best" board, you may find that you like Ronix, LF, HL, Obrien, etc, better than your current board.

Once you determine what you like in a board, then you can search for the"right" board. I like 3 stage rocker, multiple rails, traditional tail shape, and single removable fins. It works for the way I like to ride (or my style, if I have any).

jra007
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Im just curious as to what size board I should be using. I am 5'11 and weigh 160 lbs. I can do inverted tricks here and there and would like to get much better. I am currently riding a 140 State with State bindings, but I feel like Im being held back by the board, but not sure...

There is no magic formula for the perfect board size... your best bet is to find a shop that will allow you to demo the boards. Generally there are 3-4 board sizes per model... you would probably fit somewhere right in the middle (136-140cm) if you go too small though, it will give you the sense that you are being pulled too slow because the board will be riding too deeper in the water, and feel slow and heavy.