PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust extension into jetwash?

Paully
08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Has anyone tried some stainless steel extensions to come out and tip down at a 45 degree or even connect together and point into jet wash?
I saw a design somewhere on the internet but it was hideous!
The idea would allow the exhaust to enter into jetwash and come up further away from boat (behind surfer!).
I am going to look into something this off season that does not interfere with wakelate or performance/drag but any ideas would be appreciated.
Come spring 2011 I will post my findings of whatever I design with breakdown of installation/costs. Thanks.

Paully
08-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Sorry,
More research and i found that fresh air exhaust thread.
I still might make my own as I think a one piece unit will work nicely. Sorry to waste anyone's time.

http://www.FreshAirExhaust.com/

maxpower220
08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe call it prop wash.

Jet Wash is what they use to wash jets.

deerfield
08-16-2010, 12:36 AM
This what you are talking about, only making it in stainless steel?

Laz
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Last month I spent about 5 hours installing the FAE. I hope I did it correctly, but it seemed to ruin my slalom wake and didn't make much of a difference to engine noise.

After a few days, I removed.

It's still good and I would be happy to part with it.

zegm
08-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Last month I spent about 5 hours installing the FAE. I hope I did it correctly, but it seemed to ruin my slalom wake and didn't make much of a difference to engine noise.

After a few days, I removed.

It's still good and I would be happy to part with it.

What about using a rotary actuator and some large diameter needle bearings. Another switch like the wakeplate, another gage and you would have a retractable exhaust pipe.
Wakeplate (on our boat it is called slalom plate) down and exhuast up! :p