PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauge sending unit location?

saskyrider
08-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Hello all, my oil pressure gauge is not working... i got it tested and the pressure is right where it should be (i got it tested at our local dodge dealership its the only one in town) and yes i used the plunger with the garden hose hook up. :D I have a couple questions though..... can i just order an opsu from the closest chevy dealership? engine is the 5.7L vortec 2005. also where is it located on the engine... i am not mechanically inclined at all.

thanks in advance..

geoff

saskyrider
08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
found it and a nice surprise to.... trace the lines that run from the oil filter remote location back to the engine and it's a bell shaped apparatus just above where the lines go in... the single wire that attaches to the sending unit had wiggled off... put it back on and presto chango the gauge works again... i love these easy fixes...

geoff:p

lewisb13
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Hello all, my oil pressure gauge is not working... i got it tested and the pressure is right where it should be (i got it tested at our local dodge dealership its the only one in town) and yes i used the plunger with the garden hose hook up. :D I have a couple questions though..... can i just order an opsu from the closest chevy dealership? engine is the 5.7L vortec 2005. also where is it located on the engine... i am not mechanically inclined at all.

thanks in advance..

geoff

Im just curious because I have the same boat as you. What pressure were you getting? Mine sits right around 70psi until a good 30 minutes has gone by and ALL the oil is good and hot. At which point in time it drops to about 50psi. Im talking at idle.

saskyrider
08-21-2010, 11:32 PM
mine runs in the 50-55 range when idling pretty much all the time...