PDA

View Full Version : Advanced board advice

TL7
08-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Didn't want to piggyback on Jetpilot's thread, so figured I'd start my own. I have basically the same question as far as needing to take the "next step" in surfing....which board is recommended? I'm 5'10" and 180lbs. Currently have the Hyperlite Broadcast and can free ride for as long as my calves allow. I'm pretty sure I want a surfer and not a skim - I love carving up and down the wave and would like to progress to a few airs. My biggest concern is I'd really like to get a board that fits in the board racks. Our Broadcast does, and it really makes it nice. Don't really want to buy an additional rack just for a surf board. Will the Shapiro boards fit? Seems like they come highly recommended. Thoughts?

you da man
08-15-2010, 10:24 PM
They won't fit and are too fragile to not get dinged up. Probably need a Inland Surfer Sweet Spot

cab13367
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Will the Shapiro boards fit? Seems like they come highly recommended. Thoughts?

My Shapiro Shaka will not fit tin the standard board racks and barely fits in my surf rack. My brother has a LF Custom 4'-2" and a CWB Razor and they are both a lot thinner than my Shapiro, but still not sure they would fit in the standard board rack. The CWB Ride does but I would not consider it an advanced board.

THSEADOO
08-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Don't know if you want to go this high end but the Walker custom boards are great.

sailing217
08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
They won't fit and are too fragile to not get dinged up. Probably need a Inland Surfer Sweet Spot

Sweet Spot is about as close to what you are looking for. towanza.com had a used one for sale recently. Fitting in wakeracks is the hard part as almost none do unless maybe dropping a grand on a Flyboy. Inland's build methods are more durable than some of the fragile high end boards so that should help prevent dings.

I know buying a surf rack sucks but it's also nice since it fits my kid's kneeboard.