PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Screwed UP

Moseley618
08-14-2010, 11:15 PM
So today we had a great day on the lake. We were almost done and the perfect pass started to mess up. I would have it set at 18 it would pass 18, which is normal, it would maybe go to 20 then beep and start to back down to 18. This is where it messed up, it would drop way below 18 like it was just going to stop all together. I would give it some throttle and it did not react right away but finally it would kick in and just rocket up to speed and this time it would go to like 25 then start backing down to 18. Any help!

Ian Brantford
08-14-2010, 11:25 PM
It's possible that someone messed with your Perfect Pass settings. How aggressively it changes throttle is adjustable. However, let's try the simple things first: are there any loose bits around the throttle cable where it connects to the PP system? It's at the end of the throttle cable in the engine compartment.

I had thottle control problems due to this during my second year of operation. So did a buddy with his Moomba. It looks like some parts of the linkage can slack off a bit after initial assembly at the factory.

Moseley618
08-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Do they get out of adjustment? It has been working great all summer. It also works great at surf speed. It is just when we get up to wakeboard speeds that it screws up and it is not all the time. I will say that it is a huge pain in the butt.

Sled491
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Do you have the DBW system? Check to make sure you have no loose connections. I had similar problems the first year and had to recalibrate everything the beginning of last summer, other than that mine has been flawless.

This morning skiing behind my buddies boat with the 3 event version of PP one time it shot way past 34 up to almost 40 before I tapped the throttle and it settled back down to where it should be.

Moseley618
08-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't know what kind it is. I am guessing it is stock on a 04 LSV Mobius. Do I adjust the part that hooks to the motor or just the settings from the PP menu?

mnpracing
08-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I would also look on the PP website troubleshooting section. There are specific symptoms if the various wires are not getting proper contact. It walks through each scenario. I found it helpful when I was installing mine on my OBV.

Sled491
08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing you have a carbed motor. If so you don't have the DBW system. If that is the case the solution may be a bit trickier.

Moseley618
08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
My boat is EFI. I think I will call them from the boat, that is a great idea Ed. It really sucks to wakeboard without PP. Thanks for the help guys!

Sled491
08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
My boat is EFI. I think I will call them from the boat, that is a great idea Ed. It really sucks to wakeboard without PP. Thanks for the help guys!

Wakeboard, ski, doesn't matter life is better with PP :)