PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring power for stereo

weirdo0521
08-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Have a bad connection for the stereo power. In and out constantly. How/where can I wire the power wire on the board. Would like to go the ACC if possible (currently not used)

weirdo0521
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Back to top....hoping to get suggestions

MLA
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Are you looking to relocate the head-unit's yellow B+/MEM or the small red switched turn-on?

The yellow B+ needs to be on a content 12V+. If you have amps, it needs to share the same battery source as the amps do.

The red turn-on can either b e switched but the key cylinder or a rocker switch. It draws very little current, so dont worry about a heavy load. If going to the key switch, there should be a terminal labeled ACC. If going to a toggle switch, then fallow the wiring diagram for the switch. You will need B+ coming in and then connect the wire to the head-units turn-on wire to the other terminal on the switch. If the switch has a light, there will be a 3rd terminal that will be the ground side of the light.

rsinger
06-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I had the same problem with my sub amp. If you have an inline fuse, check that. The connection to that was corroded.