PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Rotating Board Racks

cpatten
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Is any one out there using the Newly offered Roswell Rotating Board Racks? I just wanted to get some feed back on these. I used to use the Monster Tower racks and had trouble with the clamp moving on my tower. Are there any issues with the clamp slipping when connecting the clamp to the Moomba Tower? Any feedback would be great, spending the $1300 is going to hurt.

viking
08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Youdaman installed them right after he bought his boat last year. Maybe he can chime in? You might search his threads on his mods.

mcdye
08-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Are there any issues with the clamp slipping when connecting the clamp to the Moomba Tower? Any feedback would be great, spending the $1300 is going to hurt.

I am assuming you are refering to the ones that can be added as an option on Moomba boat. No slipping as one has to drill 2 holes thru the cross bar for the clamp.

scoot_gt
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Is any one out there using the Newly offered Roswell Rotating Board Racks? I just wanted to get some feed back on these. I used to use the Monster Tower racks and had trouble with the clamp moving on my tower. Are there any issues with the clamp slipping when connecting the clamp to the Moomba Tower? Any feedback would be great, spending the $1300 is going to hurt.

I have them - love them compared to the stationary racks. Pretty sure they are bolted thru the oval crossbars. I'll try and get some pics this weekend. They are def alot wider (tip of fork, across boat, to tip of other fork) than the others, I now have to swivel one side in when exiting/entering my dock.

The pins are really snug (to the point where others have complained) but I'd rather them be snug than loose. My only complaint is that the forks are a tad closer together than the originals (which obviously were adjustable, yet I never moved mine from factory). This causes my wife's board (or a kids board) to not sit evenly in the forks since the boots are closer together... or perhaps the forks might 'dig' info the boot mounting plate, etc.

Anything specifically you're interested in asking or seeing with a pic?

cpatten
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
If had pictures of how the racks are attached to the tower that would be great. I am one of those people who has to look at all aspects of a product before I buy it. I just wish moomba would come up with a better rack integration for their boats.

you da man
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
They are drilled onto the crossbar and so far have been flawless. Check my photo album in my profile.

cpatten
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Racks look great, definately excited to upgrade them over the winter with all my other laundry list of upgrades. Thanks for the reply, your boat looks great!

cpatten
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
One last Stupid question on this, the spinning racks are essentially the same that would come from Roswell and, therefore you could use the SI Surf caddy too with the spinning mechanism.

cpatten
08-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I havn't seen these in person yet and assumed it was a clamp. It looks like the old saying on what happnes when you assume is all on me. Thanks for the info, it makes the new racks seem even better.

VA LSV
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Will they work with the older forward folding tower?

you da man
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Will they work with the older forward folding tower?

As long as the oval crossbar is the same dimensions they will work