PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

MOOMBA_97
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm kicking around the idea of selling the boat and going to a V-drive over the winter. The "new" boat would be used also. This is just a thought right now and really depends on what I can get out of the current boat to go towards another one. It is a 2001 Outback LS with tower, no ballast, 340 hours. The boat is in very good shape. NADA says 13,300 but I can't help but think it's worth a little more. Am I wrong in thinking this is a little low?

Monty

Razzman
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
NADA is usually fairly close all things being perfect, but remember it's a guide more than anything else. In this market on the west coast boats are going towards the low end of the NADA scale or less. It's definately not a sellers market right now. I see owners pricing their boats for what they think they are worth and they don't sell and when they finally do it's thousands less than what they wanted.

MOOMBA_97
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I guess Brian is a thought. It looks just as good as the day I picked it up from him. Another question would be if I could pick up a V-drive for low 20's? I would be looking for an early 2000's LSV.

Monty

maxpower220
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Another consistent pricing game is the "10 yr mark". When boats hit 10 years old, the bottom seems to drop on them and they go to the "$10K" range. The good news is that they stay at $10K seemingly forever. I would try to sell soonest.

DOCDRS
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
i would say 13 300 is about right.......the longer you wait the less i will be as more peeps want a vdrive they just don't know it yet. You want one which tells you why they want one.......why do you think they are discontinuing some of the dd models.........times are changing.......suck up the loss and get what you want.......jmo:)

DOCDRS
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
i would say 13 300 is about right if your lucky .......the longer you wait the less i will be as more peeps want a vdrive they just don't know it yet. You want one which tells you why they want one.......why do you think they are discontinuing some of the dd models.........times are changing.......suck up the loss and get what you want.......jmo:)

wolfeman131
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Monty,

Reach out to Kaneboats as I think you two had pretty similar rides until he sold his LS a few months back. He was able to sell it pretty quick and, I think, for just about what he was asking for it.

kaneboats
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Sold in under 2 weeks. 2000 O/B LS with aftermarket tower, 390 hrs. and a trailer that didn't quite fit. Got 12,500 for it. You should have no problem getting NADA as yours is in much nicer condition and looks perfect.

sandm
08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
used boat market is hot all over the country. sanger/epic dealer has cleaned the lot 2x with used boats, but has only sold one new this year.. same thing at the 'bu/supra/moomba dealer. seems to be part of the new economy. everyone looking for a bargain and there aren't any new bargains to be had anymore with most dealers doing buid-to-order only..

glws, seems like a real fair price considering what I see out here on cl.

moombadaze
08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Used boats are selling at my local dealer. New boats are not. Put it on craigslist at that price and I think you will get it. Your boat is clean and well cared for and should sell quickly-but do it soon as the season is kinda getting over.

little hijack-you guys going to make the flint minijam?

MOOMBA_97
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
My thought is as mentioned by Daze about selling now before the season is over. We could use the jet ski to play around on until then. To be honest I'm a little scared to sell it and then not be able to find what I want or mainly something in my price range. It is a great boat and I almost feel a little guilty about even thinking about getting rid of it. Right now the boat payment is low and only hurts to make it during the winter when it is sitting.

Daze: We are going to try and be there. It all hinges on a wedding we really NEED to attend in Macon, GA on the same date. We are still undecided on going (to the wedding) though.

kaneboats
08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Ha ha. I created a new rule a couple years ago. If you have to think it over-- Don't Go! I've gone across the country to spend 5 min. or less with a bride and groom and then not seen them again since.

jimlsv
08-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Ed, I went by Central Florida Watersports, actualy drove by. Are they not selling new Moombas? When I drove by, I figured they were waiting on 2011 models. Im sure its because of terrible economy in town. Those guys are always great to do business with.