PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Spread

BensonWdby
01-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Sorry for cross posting this (see Boat Owners thread) but I noticed that Brian is watching this thread so maybe he might have some insight on this.

We have a 99 Mobius with walkthrough bow. Also have a Rad-a-Cage.
We noticed that after 30 hours the center pane of the windshield
was almost falling through the opening. It appeared as though the
opening was getting wider. Since we were not original owner the
warranty was no good so we got no help from Moomba.
We had the original dealer reset the windshield (at significant cost to us).
After another 70 hours the problem has returned. I am wondering
if this happens to all open bows? It certainly gives me the impression
that the hull is changing shape.

Any experience or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

tn_viper
03-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Did you get an answer yet? I have the same problem and have had it from the very first summer. Thought it was just going to be that way. Didn't know that I could maybe bet it fixed.

I posted a reply in the boat owners section as well.

Love the boat and would like to get this fixed if at all possible before the skiing season starts. Which for me will be the first weekend in April.

Have a great day.
Ronnie

BensonWdby
03-06-2003, 07:05 PM
See Boat Owners thread

Granite Mobius
06-12-2003, 10:13 AM
I have a '01 Mobius and the other day I noticed a gap appear over the course of a 1/2 hour ride. Anybody heard anything new on this problem??

PS This site rocks. I've learned some great stuff about my Moomba right here.

Tom Stimson
10-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Same thing happened to me after a 1/2 season on my 1999 Moomba Outback!!!! I had it fixed as they added a extension tab on the windshield so it would'nt fall through. But some three years later now I am having trouble closing it as the opening has closed up some. The only difference is that now I keep it on a hoist rather than in the water.

Tom

BensonWdby
10-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Maybe a flexible tab, like sticky back V-Seal that you can get for the bottom of doors?

Catdog1
10-10-2003, 03:14 AM
Tom,

Where are the contact points for the lift? Is it slung or is it hanging from the two stern clips and bow clip?