PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Z5 Cargo - 08 LSV

mnpracing
08-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Looking to trade a Z5 Cargo rack from an '08 LSV for a standard bimini top + cash, that folds up and stays with the tower when the tower is lowered. The Z5 is cool, but looking to save some time when getting the boat in, and out of, the garage.

I would also consider just selling the Z5 outright, but I have no idea how much shipping would be for that monster.

wolfeman131
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Holy crap! You going to get a lot of replies to this!

Kidder
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Looking to trade a Z5 Cargo rack from an '08 LSV for a standard bimini top + cash, that folds up and stays with the tower when the tower is lowered. The Z5 is cool, but looking to save some time when getting the boat in, and out of, the garage.

I would also consider just selling the Z5 outright, but I have no idea how much shipping would be for that monster.

I have a black bimini for an 08 LS that I'd love to trade.

moombadaze
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
boy do I wish you were closer, have a 08 lsv with standard bimmini and would LOVE to get the Z5

how much cash ? plus if shipping would run what you da man says im very interested

condition of top?

you da man
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Freight will be at least $150 for that thing. I had one shipped from Florida to my place of work. If you ship to a residence it goes up in freight cost quite a bit.

mnpracing
08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I put this out there not knowing what a fair trade would be. I have a call out to a dealer to get new prices on both so at least I'll know what the difference is. The top is in really good condition.

moombadaze
08-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Send me a PM when you find out the pricing.

newty
08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Me too. I got a guy that wants one in a bad way.

mnpracing
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
no call-back from the dealer today yet

Kidder
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm very interested, as well.

Can someone tell me if the LS/LSV tower can be folded down with the bimini in the stored position?

moombadaze
08-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Kidder, I fold the bimmini forward-it will rest on the windshield frame, then the tower down

wolfeman131
08-10-2010, 07:51 AM
^^ Daze - that's for the standard bimini, correct? I don't think you can fold down the tower with the Z5 installed. I believe those that have the Z5 have to remove it to fold the tower.

moombadaze
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
yep, standard bimmini

zegm
08-10-2010, 10:30 AM
^^ Daze - that's for the standard bimini, correct? I don't think you can fold down the tower with the Z5 installed. I believe those that have the Z5 have to remove it to fold the tower.

Trust me you do NOT have to remove the Z5 to fold the tower. If so you would not have seen us so often last year at Sinclair! :D

Kidder
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Trust me you do NOT have to remove the Z5 to fold the tower. If so you would not have seen us so often last year at Sinclair! :D

You should show mnpracing how to do it so he can keep his Z5. Oh, wait...

zegm
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
You should show mnpracing how to do it so he can keep his Z5. Oh, wait...

Last year we were at my wife's parents lake cabin on Sinclair and we had to go under a low bridge to get fuel or to visit Wolfeman and his family. So that is where we had to drop the tower to pass under a bridge. Now at home to when I store the boat in the garage for the winter I take the top off but the reason is I like to spray the canvas down with Scotch Guard or something similiar AND because it is just under the garage lights so I would get a zillion dead bugs on it. Even then I get it into the garage before I remove it. It just pivots down with the tower no problems.
OH............I wasn't suppose to say that was I!? Nevermind!

brain_rinse
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Does anyone with tower speakers leave the Z5 up when they drop the tower? I tried once, it didn't seem to work, and I've been taking it off ever since. Maybe I should try again?

mnpracing
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I've received a lot of feedback on this topic, many offers to trade, and several comments on the benefits of the Z5. I'm going to hold off for now, and keep it and give it some time to grow on me. Thanks for the responses.

moombadaze
08-10-2010, 01:36 PM
dont blame you at all for holding off, my next boat (if the wife lets me) will have the Z5

Kidder
08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I've received a lot of feedback on this topic, many offers to trade, and several comments on the benefits of the Z5. I'm going to hold off for now, and keep it and give it some time to grow on me. Thanks for the responses.

Good luck. I think you're making the correct decision.

mmandley
08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I have the Z5 and you will have to remove it if you fold the tower and want it to fit in your standard 7 ft garage door opening. I remove the 4 quick release pins and then flip it upside down on the bow and then fold my tower down. Takes like 2 minutes if that.