PDA

View Full Version : Oil changes at ealership or ?

suvlako
08-26-2004, 11:31 PM
I have an 04 mobius direct drive and it is going into the dealershiup this weekend for its 20 hour service. The dealership is about 100 miles away. I was wondering if I had it serviced here in town at another marine shop, will it void the warranty? The dealership charges between $200- $300 and the marine shop charges $60. You do the math. If it will not void the warranty I would rather save the time money and aggravation of having to drive it 200 miles to get it serviced. Anyone out there know? Thanks a bunch!! Art

purplepower
08-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi Art,
I would strongly suggest that you take the boat back to the dealer for the first few services at least. The dealer should know the boat, what to check and what fluids to replace to meet the warranty specs.

Yes there are many good shops that would offer to service your boat. But consider your total investment up to now. If you do develop issues, do you really want to get involved in a four way shouting match with the dealer, service shop, Moomba and yourself.

Keep it simple. let your dealer do the service. If problems do arise then it will be between Moomba and their dealer to sort it out. Get them to list exactly what you are getting for your $200-300.

If you continue to feel the dealer rate is inflated over the next few services, consider a change once you know the boat a little better yourself.

Tony

jburnside
08-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Well stated Tony, I think for the first two service calls you should definitely let your selling dealer look the boat over. My dealer always gives me a breakdown of the costs and services he performs on my Outback LS. Good luck.