PDA

View Full Version : Pics from this past weekend

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Nevermind...

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry ED. All fixed for you. No nudity or anything. Just some good times, maybe because there were beercans? Im sure bathing suits are acceptable since this is a boating site so I didnt see any problems there. My bad. And I dont own a supra.

sandm
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
lewisb, post in the boat buns thread on wakeworld...
I tend to agree with ed(wow, did I just say that :) )

02Outback
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Not to try and stir the pot, but why are these not accepted here? (I didn't get a chance to see the pictures yet so I don't know how extreme they are).

Why not allow them in the picture thread if it's just girls in bikinis on a boat? (If thats what they were).

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Not to try and stir the pot, but why are these not accepted here? (I didn't get a chance to see the pictures yet so I don't know how extreme they are).

Why not allow them in the picture thread if it's just girls in bikinis on a boat? (If thats what they were).

Thats all they were. Nothing you couldnt put on ABC, NBC, or FOX in the middle of the day.

sandm
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
mods have chosen not to go down the bikini road. there are plenty of other forums that have pics of boat babes. I, personally, check out the boat buns thread every so often. don't need it on every forum..
similar with the language on here. foul mouth gets you nowhere. couple other forums I belong to have no issues with it. just the way its moderated..

as I was once told, you don't like it, hit the back button :)

02Outback
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Well if the mods are going to have threads like this one, edited, then they need to police all of the threads.

I know there is a recent picture of a girl laying on the sun deck in the picture thread right now, from a few days ago, that nobody had a problem with..so why this one? In fact, I have seen many.

If you are going to make an issue with girls in bikini's, police the entire message board and don't pick and choose. Otherwise allow them and if it's something you don't want to look at, hit the back button.

skiyaker
08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
and fair is fair- no pics of dudes in speedos even if they are members of the forum

davinci
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Ed :D have fun answering 02Outback (but be real careful)

you da man
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Ed :D have fun answering 02Outback (but be real careful)

That's my pic he's referring to. If Ed wants to delete that's a moderator's choice. However, there's a difference between a tasteful pic of a boat with a girl in a bikini accessorizing the boat vs. "hey, look at these girls on my boat". If a moderator wants to delete my pic then they may as we delete all the pics of members and their wives in bikinis or children in bathing suits.

davinci
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
That's my pic he's referring to. If Ed wants to delete that's a moderator's choice. However, there's a difference between a tasteful pic of a boat with a girl in a bikini accessorizing the boat vs. "hey, look at these girls on my boat". If a moderator wants to delete my pic then they may as we delete all the pics of members and their wives in bikinis or children in bathing suits.

I know and think it's a damn fine pic both the boat and girl even better together and don't think it should be deleted. I also agree with 02Outback that it should be fair for all (not that i'm looking forward to viewing 90 lbs chicks) so i'm still curious on how it will be answered.

moombadaze
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
ok, one reason is it quickly turns into a contest to see who can get the pictures showing way more skin or girls hanging from striper poles than the last person. It looks like lewisb13 edited his own posting to delete the pics. The mods were in discusion about what to do about but not all had been able to comment on the pictures as they were removed before they could see them. As far as I know lewisb13 did this on his own accord.

Hit up wakeworld's boat bun thread or hit up the Supra forum
for hot chick's.

We do try to keep this forum family or pg rated.

viking
08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I think some of you are "WAAAAAYY" too picky on both sides of the issue (and i haven't even seen the pictures).

I'm a 35+ married with kids member and like to see pretty boats and pretty girls as much as anybody. I don't think it's an age or marital status issue?

I think "tastefull" is subjective and depends on who's moderating at the time. You are never going to make everyone happy/nor will you piss everyone off! Moderators are here for a reason and do thankless work (i appreciate it) but think sometimes they can get overly anxious to hit the delete button. It is what it is.

sandm
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I think moombadaze hit it on the head. it can quickly turn into who can post the most raunchy pic, and I would bet cash that some of the pics on the boatbuns thread on ww are not even of chicks that have been on the posters boat...
I have no issues posting pics of my gf here in a bikini like youdaman has done, but it'll be a pic of her, not of her showing her booty slathered all over a pole. tasteful over here, keep the slutty shots on ww.

davinci
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
KG I feel for u I mean weren't the moomba and supra born from the same parents ??

maxpower220
08-09-2010, 07:56 PM
What a rip, I look on this thread for bikini clad bimbos and there are none. What gives?

ian ashton
08-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I personally like how this forum is moderated. It's refreshing to not have full out offensive language in every other post, it seems to breed more educated posts and responses.

I love skanks too, but, as stated many times before, let's keep that on the WakeWorld BoatBum thread.

skiyaker
08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
this says a lot. on wakeworld, "boobs for ballast" has 41,000 views. the next most viewed thread is "2011 gear" at 11,000 views

02Outback
08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
By no means was I trying to bash anything or anybody on this thread.

You Da Man, it was your picture I was referring to because that is the last one I had seen - not taking a shot at your picture. I thought it was a very clean and tasteful picture. Nothing wrong with that picture at all.

Like I mentioned before, I did not see the original pictures posted to start this thread and I probably never will. I just wanted to make it a point, if you police one, you police all. I know this is a family oriented place and it is a very clean message board. I enjoy coming here. I was just trying to make things fair :)

Again, I have nothing against anybody here and You Da Man, I apologize if you think I was knocking your picture (I wasn't, I liked it much - ha).

Cheers to all!

cbboarder
08-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Can't we all just get along!

you da man
08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
By no means was I trying to bash anything or anybody on this thread.

You Da Man, it was your picture I was referring to because that is the last one I had seen - not taking a shot at your picture. I thought it was a very clean and tasteful picture. Nothing wrong with that picture at all.

Like I mentioned before, I did not see the original pictures posted to start this thread and I probably never will. I just wanted to make it a point, if you police one, you police all. I know this is a family oriented place and it is a very clean message board. I enjoy coming here. I was just trying to make things fair :)

Again, I have nothing against anybody here and You Da Man, I apologize if you think I was knocking your picture (I wasn't, I liked it much - ha).

Cheers to all!

I took no offense to what you said, I know my pic was done tastefully without degrading, sexually posed girls you see on some of the "boat bun" threads. Moomba should contact me to use my pic in the XLV brochure

jmvotto
08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
this says a lot. on wakeworld, "boobs for ballast" has 41,000 views. the next most viewed thread is "2011 gear" at 11,000 views

beat me to it. "BFB" on WW:rolleyes:

kaneboats
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to make it a point, if you police one, you police all.

You are dead wrong there. This is not a government institution. We are not paid employees. We police what we can. We do the best we can. It's a little subjective sometimes. Too bad. About 98% of the time we are all on the same page. Some of us don't agree with the decisions of other mods from time to time but we trust their judgment enough to leave it alone. If you think you can do better, by all means feel free to volunteer!

02Outback
08-11-2010, 12:01 AM
You are dead wrong there. This is not a government institution. We are not paid employees. We police what we can. We do the best we can. It's a little subjective sometimes. Too bad. About 98% of the time we are all on the same page. Some of us don't agree with the decisions of other mods from time to time but we trust their judgment enough to leave it alone. If you think you can do better, by all means feel free to volunteer!
How do you figure I am dead wrong about that? I see Ed on the boards all the time. I am sure, between all the mods, "98%" of threads are viewed, atleast the topic. If you police one, you police all. Don't pick and choose. Don't get lazy.

If the mods can't handle the job, by all means, I volunteer.

Especially coming off as "We do what we can. Too bad." Sounds..great? Ehh..

No this is not a government institution. Not paid employees, but if you have rules - follow them. If it states in the rules something about tatsteful pictures, then sure, follow it - but police all - that is in fact why you are a MOD. If you can't do the job 100%, you shouldn't have it.

Off topic, isn't Ed's thread in the Audio Section about Dual Control, directed towards Ian,..shouldn't that be in a PM instead of a topic?

Do the 'job' right or not at all.

brain_rinse
08-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I think Kane's point was just that the mods are people and won't get everything perfect. But yes, it is our job to moderate all posts on these forums and to be as consistent as possible.

Since this thread started the mods have been discussing how we can tackle the consistency issue. We are still kicking some things around but so far the consensus is simple: use Skiers Choice marketing materials as the guide to what is appropriate to post, and no threads dedicated to boat babes (for reasons already mentioned above.)

I'll make sure we publish what the rules are so it's not a guessing game on whether or not your pics are appropriate.