PDA

View Full Version : Cooler on the swim deck?

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I am just wondering if anyone straps their cooler on to the swim deck. I am using a full size cooler, not sure of the size, but Im sure most of you know what Im talking about. I could put it in the ski locker, but for one it takes up ballast space, is too heavy for me and female friends to raise and lower in and out of there, and I also I dont want people opening and closing the swim locker 100 times a day go after adult beverages, and yes I mean LITERALLY 100 times a day.:-D The screws that attach the struts to the UHMW plastic board are already starting to wiggle. Need this boat to last..

The cooler weighs a good 100 lbs full of ice and such and when I go out, I just call every single girl I know and invite them all. Usually no dudes allowed and their 90lb frames cannot lift coolers. I also dont like them in and out in and out in and out of the boat so that also makes the swim deck much more attractive to store a cooler. Thanks for the comments in advance!!!

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Ha yeah, they arent really 90lbs. I was going to try to isolate the cooler from the boat either using a towel or whatever and use a ratchet strap somehow on the metal loops that would normally keep the boat connected to the trailer in the back. Not sure what those are called.

New Guy
08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
We always keep the cooler in the boat until we get to a sand bar if that is all we plan on doing. Then it goes on and gets strapped down.

davinci
08-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Lol :D :D Ed looks like you got your work cut out for you with Lewisb13

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Nah, I will keep my posts strictly business from now on. I understand this forum is 90% 35+ married people. I will tailor my conduct to the audience.

New Guy
08-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Haha 26 and single :D

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Ditto:D:D:D

SEARK
08-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe if you put the cooler in the boat and invited some "bigger" girls you wouldn't have to worry to much with the ballast. :D

zabooda
08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
lewis, I feel for you man and a good host needs to keep everyone hydrated but I need to see pictures so I can give some advice.

lewisb13
08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I already tried and there was nothing "R" rated in my post...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12388

BensonWdby
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
How about multiple smaller coolers that will fit under the front seats? If you are going throug beverages that fast - you really don't need a cooler for all of it. Split a couple of bags in half - half ice half cans. Put them under the front seats? the a couple small coolers? As the bags get emptied of cans, dump the remaining ice/water in the cooler (or on the guests...) And you have bags for the empties.....

zabooda
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Oops. My bad all. All I can say is leave the cooler on the swim deck and tie it off to the transom tie downs but it might be hazard for those getting in and out of the boat so they need to do it slowly. We need the boatful of women boaters on this board to chime in on how they do it.

davinci
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Better yet tie the cooler to the ski rope and off you go !!!

jester
08-09-2010, 05:18 PM
The walkway between the bow and the rest of the boat is a great place for a cooler. Also I do not understand why you need 100 lbs of beer. You should just get a keg at this point. 90lbs girls do not take that much beer. One thing we do is take a smaller cooler on the boat and keep another bigger one at camp. Also i am 27 and single.

sandm
08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
we are the same as jester. keep one of the 100can coolers at the campsite and take one that holds 24 cans on the boat.. just have to go back every couple of hours to refill, but gives you a break to swap out those that don't want to be on the boat for a spell. this only works tho if you have access to docks or a sandbar party spot
fwiw, 41 and recently single, but my gf keeps me young... :)

got a couple of ideas that might be safer than strapping it to the swimdeck...

how about a bunch of these in daisy chained fashion?
http://cache.gifts.com/photos/K/9/6/H/K96HF2XNSYAN367UCARK_L.jpg

or a few of these and open up more room for the 90lb honeys in the boat?
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/K-T-AHAO-1_med.jpg

or perhaps a new table for the center of the boat?
http://gadgetgrid.gadgetgridllc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cool-bar-cocktail-table-side-table-and-cooler-in-one.jpg

skiyaker
08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
man with all those gals on board you don't want to restrict them from jumping off the swim platform in groups of 2s and 3s and splashing water on each other and stuff. I'd say have the beer in the water so you can throw it to them while they're in the air.