PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with new "standard" Outback V tower

jstenger
08-09-2010, 09:54 AM
The dealer I bought from had 2 new Outbacks, and 2 new Outback V's. All are 2010's. Here is the issue: the Outbacks have a one piece folding tower with a nylon roller, while the V's have a three piece folding tower with a solid aluminum post. Needless to say, I bought the V, and I am unhappy with the tower. The salesman was going to swap towers for me, but the front to back spread was longer on the V. I even checked this myself. All my bolts and knobs are tight, but you can hear the tower creaking up top where it is bolted together. The seam isn't even a flush fit. It has small gaps on the ends. Kind of funny how they put a better tower on their ski boat then what they put on their cross over wakeboard boat. More than likely I will remove the tower this winter, and have the seams professionally TIG welded together. The post on the otherhand is welded solid to the tower. No idea on how to easily change that. Thanks in advance for any ideas on either.

Joe

bjames
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Last year I purchased a 2009 OBV and wasnt happy with the tower. There was too much flex for my liking. Fortunatly my dealer was very accomodating inthat he took the OBV back and refunded me every pennie to put towards my current boat LSV. - even though the OBV was already registered in my name.

dru1974
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey bjames, was this where you bought your boat, they have great service and are in touch with there customers

bjames
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey bjames, was this where you bought your boat, they have great service and are in touch with there customers

Yes... I highly recommend them as they are very accomodating and provide the IMO the best service (sales and service). :cool:

http://www.martinmotorsports.ca/