PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Randy11023
08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I know this is ask many times I also done alot of reading this last month on boats. I am looking for my first boat. I love the lake but only able to take so many when it comes to taking my skies out. The more people I get to know themore I want to have a boat. Plus i been riding around in a 2007 ssv 24 gravity games boat (wow) Out of price range though. So I am hoping to get more info here.

I am realy thinking about getting to to wakeboarding and skiing. I want to try to stay away from the I/O and stay closer to VD or DD.

SO staying this I been looking at like 2000-2003 boats rite now.

2000 Mobius V
2001 Mobius
2001 Mobius V
2002 Mobius LSV
2002 Mobius V
2002 Mobius

I am not to sure about outback yet what all think about them?

So what you all have to say about this?

kaneboats
08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Back around 99-2000 the Outback and Mobius were the same boat but the Mobius had a tower and available ballast. All of those are good choices. Look at price and condition.

jmondl
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Where are you planning on using the boat? If you are going to Lake of the Ozarks, you may want a boat bigger than 21'. As far as V-drive versus Direct drive, you need to decide how you will primarily be using the boat. My Outback DD is great for waterskiing, and OK for wakeboarding - good for beginner to intermediate wakeboarders. If you want a great wake for wakeboarding - a wake where you can catch some serious air - you will probably want a V-drive, which kicks up a bigger wake. You can't really have both a flat wake -great for skiing - and a big wake - great for wakeboarding - in the same boat. For me, I grew tired of hitting the curl of the wake when waterskiing (and barefooting) behind my I/O, and am very happy with the DD.

Randy11023
08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
No it will mainly be used up here at Smithville lake. I am more likely going with a V-drive more I think about it.