PDA

View Full Version : surfing last night-made me sick

sandm
08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
went surfing with another couple I met on ww in their sanger. 99deg air/80 water, so couldn't say no. lake was pretty empty and calm, so conditions were great to say the least. saw 3 other boats surfing around the lake. ended up pulling by one, and what do you know.... it was a 22-23ft reinell, big boat with real high freeboards and an integrated platform. had 8 20-somethings on it. 1 driver, 6 all trying to stand on the platform to sink the boat and 1 guy trying to wakesurf. they had no idea what they were doing and were trying to learn as they go. heard a couple of comments such as "move up closer to the boat, I think you're supposed to be up here along the wake" and such..
wanted sooo bad to go let them know the dangers of what they were doing, but figured the altercation at the lake was not worth our trouble. smart arse kids with alcohol and a lecture usually don't mix well. sheriffs patrol very heavily there, so pretty sure they got talked to at some point..

all it's going to take is some dumass off a boat like that to make it that much harder to explain to the local law why it's a safe sport when done properly..

ok, off my soapbox now...

MEDIC151
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I talked with the Game Wardens on the lake by my house and they said as long as it was an inboard, they were cool with it. The other thing they said was that if the word was passed down from the top to stop surfing, they would.