PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live near Atlanta?

polar21
08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Got word two weeks ago that I will be moving to Atlanta. In fact, I am currently in Atlanta and start work for a new client (CDC) tom. I left the boat back in Pensacola, Fl for the time being since I will just be renting an apt. here and probably wont have time to use it like I would like (plus no place to store it). That said, is anyone on here living in this area? Just curious....

scoot_gt
08-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm in ATL but my boat lives in Bama. Lots of local riders here however. Check out atlwake.com, not super active but lots of good folks and good riders use it.

bddawg
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Live just north of Atlanta and use my boat in Lake Oconee. Father in law is in statistics for the CDC.

wolfeman131
08-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes sir! Myself & Waterbulldawg are out in the sticks NE of the city in Gwinnett County. Let me know if you have any questions about the area and/or lakes.

Zegm used to boat in Allatoona (NW of ATL), Dawg goes to Lanier (N of ATL), cbboarder has a place on Nottely (about 1 hr N of ATL) and my boat is on Sinclair (about 2 hrs SE of ATL).

Get over to Atlanta Marine and introduce yourself to the good folks there.

cbboarder
08-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Live in Forsyth County, it's about 30 miles north of Atl. As wolf mentioned, I have a place on Nottely which is 60 miles north of me. The folks at Atlanta Marine are easy to deal with and provide outstanding service.

Are you moving into bldg 23?

Ga Bill
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm in North Atlanta (gwinnett co.) we have a place at lake Hartwell(between ga and sc) and love it up there not as much big boat traffic as some of the other lake around Atlanta.

polar21
08-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Dang, sounds like alot of folks live up this way. I will be working out of the executive park dr. building in the financial management office.

zegm
08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Dang, sounds like alot of folks live up this way. I will be working out of the executive park dr. building in the financial management office.

I grew up in Atlanta and moved to Panama City Florida about 8 years ago. Facts about Atlanta Lakes:
Lake Allatoona-busiest lake in the world -boats per acre
Lake Lanier- 4th busiest lake in the world - boats per acre
So trying to ski on the weekends was out. Allatoona is the better ski lake if you can go on Monday or Tuesday as it is narrower and the mountains block the wind. Can find some coves that are Glass! The Atlanta ski club in on Allatoona. During the winter both lakes are drained some (10- 15ft), both lakes are Corps of Engineer Lakes.
Allatoona has houses on less than 10% of the shoreline as the Corps controls the land. Lanier has houses (Mansions) all over the shoreline.
Lake Sinclair and Oconee are much better for boating but about 1 1/2 hours away. Hartwell would be the same.
Atlanta Marine is on Lake Lanier- Lisa and Heidi are both Great to work with! We bought our boat there and towed it back home to P.C. Atlanta Marine is on Holiday Rd. in Buford GA. If you want to see EVERY ski boat manufacturer go down this road as it is the Boat Dealership road like no other anywhere you have ever been! After you do this you can ask the question we all ask, how did they get that Houseboat in that parking lot! :p