PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 inch to 1.75 inch tower.

jessman
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I bought a 2004 Moomba Outback and am trying to move some of my tower accessories from my old boat to the new boat but the clamps are too big. (mirror, wakeboard rack and speakers).

Is there some type of spacer (preferably aluminum) that I could get that would go around the 1.75 inch tower to make it 2.5 inches so that the clamps would now fit.

thanks

iwakeboard
08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
jessman,

Not sure what brand of accessories you use but the manufacturer of them should offer something like a shim-kit that allows you to mount your accessories on varying sizes of pipe. It'll almost certainly be plastic, however; I'm not aware of any company out there that offers aluminum shim-kits simply because the aluminum pipe on your tower could vary to a small degree in uniform sizes so plastic gives a little leeway to that variance whereas an aluminum shim would not. Most of our aluminum accessories without plastic shims (metal on metal mounts) have some spacing in the bolt length to allow for that small variance to be reconciled.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way!

DOCDRS
08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I purchased a tower boom from Barefoot International and it came with a variety of aluminum tower shims.......not sure if any of them would allow for a .75" decrease in diameter....that is quite a bit

viking
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Roswell offers various inserts for their accessories that allow for install on several diameters. If they are Roswell brand, just contact them and they have been great to deal with for me anyway!