PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Prop for 2007 LSV

twkoehn
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a 2007 LSV which I do a lot of different things with including skiing and tubing. Recently I have been a little disappointed in the performance of the boat. I have been able to get only 34 mph with no water in the ballast, wake plate up, 4 people in the boat and not pulling anyone. Another example, I had 9 adults in the boat and got pulled - hard to get out of the water and could only get 30 mph. I would like to get more speed for skiing but not lose the hole shot. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best prop for my '07 LSV and would it give me more speed without losing the hole shot???? Thanks for your comments.

brain_rinse
08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
What prop do you have now? Have you GPS calibrated your speed? Something else is going on if you can only get to 30 mph with the stock prop. Top speed should be low to mid forties.

twkoehn
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I have a stock prop with 325 hp but have not used a gps to confirm the speedometer. However, my brother has an outback and has used a gps on his so I know that my speedometer is accurate.

brain_rinse
08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Then I'd get your boat checked out before laying down money for a new prop. Something's not right.

Ian Brantford
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Then I'd get your boat checked out before laying down money for a new prop. Something's not right.

Yes, the performance is suspiciously poor. When you achieve top speed, is this at high RPM and with smooth engine performance (i.e. sounds OK, just out of more power)? If it hesitates, it might be starved for fuel. A clogged fuel filter or a failing fuel pump could be limiting performance. Also, a tankful of bad fuel in the past might have fouled the plugs.

LSM
08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I too have the same engine in an 06 LSV and I can get 43 or so with 2 adults and two kids on flat water....

I can also get 39-40 with 4 adults and two kids if I need too but I rarely run it that hard.

I agree something doesn't sound right with yours...

moombadaze
08-03-2010, 07:55 PM
tw, what prop do you have? should have some numbers stamped on the rear of it

twkoehn
08-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry it took so long to respond and post this information - today was the first time I have had the boat on the water in a couple weeks. The prop I have on the boat is the factory prop it came with - MVC - OJ - 1 1/8 - 13.7X17.5. I had 5 adults, a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old in the boat and topped out a 4,000 RPM. The top speed was got was 33.4 MPH. Like I posted earlier, I'm sure my speedometer is accurate. The engine sounds good - no missing or anything like that. I did have a full tank of fuel but I don't believe that should make that much difference. Again, if anyone has any thoughts, please post a response.