PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Panel Relocation

squeeg333
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, I am looking for ideas for relocating the fuse panel that is under the helm. I am trying to fit a L5 Kicker on top of the foot rest hump under the dash, and this little bugger is in the way.

I was able to push it up higher, but couldn't get the box in. My last ditch effort before I stopped to re-analyze what I was doing was to leave the fuse panel loose, and get the sub in the spot I wanted it. I was then able to see approxiamtely where I would need to locate the fuse panel for it to work. However, I don't think that if I put the fuse panel in this spot, that I can get the box in.

Now, since that really doesn't make any sense because I suck at describing things, I'm looking for ideas from you guys on if you've successfully relocated this thing (if any of you have). My only idea right now is to make some custom brackets to hold it at an angle to keep it completely out of the way of the opening above the footrest. However, I'm not sure how to make them.

If any of you guys have ideas, please let me know!!

kaneboats
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
If it's the one I'm thinking of I moved mine up and too the port side a few inches to get more clearance.

adsman
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Did the steering column get in the way too?

I am in the same "boat" as you and have yet to tackle my sub install in the same location...

viking
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
My distribution block AND my steering column BOTH got in the way. I "sqeezed" a 12in sub and enclosure above my footrest and had to take my column apart to get the box in and I also screwed the block up under the dash and out of the way completely.

sandm
08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I just cut the footrest out and made the new sub box the footrest. was a lot of work and cutting, but worked great.
had plenty of room for the jl 12" sub that I used and it took a big box..
I do have to say that when it comes time to replace the steering cable, that may be some additional work, and kind of ruined access to the backside of the heater, but I don't use the heater, so no big deal.

viking
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh - and finished product (without the grill that's on NOW).