PDA

View Full Version : Wanted pop up cleat

patrick232
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I had an issue while launching the boat with my boys, not me kicked the line for the fender off the sun pad down to the ground. I did not notice until the trailer felt like the brakes locked. Nope it was the line for the fender wrapped around the tire. Some how it bent the pop up cleat.

If anyone has a space they would like to sell let me know. I think $41.00 from the dealer is a bit high.

Or can these be fixed?

Razzman
08-02-2010, 11:33 AM
I seriously doubt it can be fixed. You could try but they're stainless and would probably have to be heated to re-bend and then you'll have to deal with the discolored look if it works that is. While $41 seems a bit high to you remember they are a logoed dealer exclusive item. A standard popup cleat can be had for as little as $28 or so with serious looking, $41 isn't actually bad. You could try Great Lakes Skipper on ebay, he seems to have a lot of Moomba gear form time to time.

kaneboats
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I picked up 4 plain ones on ebay a couple years ago for about $50. They have logo ones on there sometimes too. Usually sold in pairs, I think.

brain_rinse
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I'd just be happy that it was only $41 worth of damage. Could have been much worse! Make the boys mow the neighbors yard a couple of times maybe. :)

kaneboats
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Amazing there was enough force to bend the cleat but not damage the fiberglass or gelcoat. Very lucky!

patrick232
08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd just be happy that it was only $41 worth of damage. Could have been much worse! Make the boys mow the neighbors yard a couple of times maybe. :)
They could but don't even mow ours yet. We are thinking next year when he is 11.

I caught it early, just won't retract all the way. Only moves about half way.