PDA

View Full Version : Extra Ballast on-the-Hoof

Catdog1
08-21-2004, 05:55 AM
With kids in college its sometimes hard to find a crew to boat with.

If well-placed, the Newfs can help generate a good wake.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/6C0716FA244231B

Smrtz
08-30-2006, 12:02 PM
That is so awesome ... Beautiful dogs!!

My boarder collie doesnt likethe boat even a little! Loves the water.. maybe the vibration of the boat...noise dunno ...

I wonder if its just a matter of more time in the boat. Im afraid of her paws ripping the stitching.

Were your dogs just naturals when it comes to boating or did it take some time??

Catdog1
09-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks! Forgot these were posted here! I'll post a few more, since you liked em.

The newfs were bred for boating / water rescue, so they actually are naturals. They are kind of like hairy mega-versions of labs, webbed feet and all. Just a little less energetic.

Lucy, the one thats marked like a border collie, now weighs about 135 lbs. The markings are called "Landseer" when they show-up in a newfoundland.

Ed, ours also like to launch off the front. Its hard to get em up onto the platform, though. Plus, they've torn my seats in a few places.

I would think Border collies would be perfect boating companions. We have a service that uses them to keep our company's lake free of Canadian geese. Its a treat to watch them work. They swim real well.