PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for Perfect Pass Star Gazer Upgrade

4fish4
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
This year my speed sensor had an intermitant problem. It worked maybe about 40 % of the time. So instead on buying a new speed sensor for under the boat, I decided to upgrade my Perfect pass to a GPS One ( Star Gazer Upgrade ). Works great for speed according to GPS on lakes without currents and even gives me the water temperature which I did not have that feature before.
But the Star Gazer Upgrade does not work well with currents.Yes you get the real actual speed but not the same speed as the speed sensor which uses the speed of the water on the paddles on the sensor to determine the boat`s speed.. Boaters with the Star Gazer on their Moomba understand what the heck I am talking about. When Wakesurfing going up current , with a current about 1 knots I usually base my speed between 9.3 to 9.5. and when going down current my will base my speed to about 10.5 to 10.7.
My quick question for Star Gazer owner's that surf or wakeboard in currrents.Do you guys use the speed or the RPM on the Perfect Pass Display to gage your speed???

MoMan
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I retrofitted my 2006 PP with the new star gazer. My original sensor when out also. With the star gazer I though you were not suppose to reconnect the paddle wheel. I followed the instructions. Only connect the GPS plug and leave the paddle wheel plug disconnected. My system works perfect. I use the speed display.

4fish4
07-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank you.... but leave the paddle wheel connected anyways. It will give you your water temperature.