PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new trailer

jokid
07-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Last weekend I was looking to have some repairs done on my trailer. I got some quotes and ended up being more than I wanted to spend (at least for repairs). I ended up calling South Austin Marine in Austin, TX to see what they recommended. To my suprise, they had a 2009 Moomba Boatmate trailer that fit my XLV and matched the color of my boat perfectly. Apparently, a guy boought an XLV and trailer from them last year and unfortunately lost his boat in the floods earlier this year at Lake McQueeny in south Texas. The trailer was unharmed because it was on higher ground. He ended up bringing the trailer back to South Austin Marine and had no desire to buy a new boat. The trailer had touched the water once to launch his boat. Since he had a dock it never saw the water again. This trailer looks like it just came out of the showroom floor. It even has the diamond plate on the wheel wells. Since this trailer was technically "used" and they did not have a use for it (as there was no boat with it) I was able to pick it up for $2,500! This is considerably lower than cost to the dealership. I think it was a pretty good deal but am sad that it came at the misfortune of others. Now I have a brand new trailer and couldnt be happier.

lewisb13
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Thats a once-in-a-lifetime right there. Nice work!

you da man
07-29-2010, 09:41 AM
That was a nice score considering that dealership doesn't like to negotiate much. I negotiated some extras with my boat purchase to include tower speakers and extra battery, however, at signing they said they would not include the battery. As i was walking out the door with my cashiers check, they stopped me and said "okay".

Did you see all those totaled out Mastercrafts at Texas Ski Ranch? Those are the boats that went over the dam at Lake Dunlap during that freak flashflood. There's a YouTube video showing the boats going over the 40ft dam as if they were lined up for a parade.

kaneboats
07-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I just got sick to my stomach thinking about that video again.

you da man
07-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I just got sick to my stomach thinking about that video again.

Those boats are scattered at various dealers. It's sickening g to see some of them just cracked, holes punctured, towers folded like tin foil, speakers, amps destroyed, etc...

kaneboats
07-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I wonder if there are any engines available for a couple guys on here that need them.

polar21
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
What are you going to do with your old trailer? Pm me if you like.