PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Question

stretch55
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I have the Ariel 5 light bar. 3 forword and 2 back word. But I rarley use it. I think I have used it once since I put it on. Plus since I have a standard Bimini I had to mount the bar on top of my tower. Also If I get a Z-5 or Monster cargo rack I think the rack will be in the way of the front facing lights. So my question is should I sell them and get just some normal Bow docking lights? Also should I go with the Innovative lighting models which I think are stock on the moomba's or should I go with Aqua Signal Docking Lights? Which are about $45.00 to $55.00 more.

you da man
07-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I heard the Moomba docking lights barely do anything.

Aquaholic
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I have the aqua signal bow light and I replaced the bulb with an LED. I love the look and light is bright also if/when I trailer the boat its nice to not have the light sticking me in the ribs when I lean over the bow to hook the bow strap.

I also have the docking lights and love them. I use them in two ways, one when we come back from a night ride i use them to light up my slip for the lift I have. They are perfect. The other way is while underway I will bump them on to re-confirm the local on the channel markers. They reflect the light well, then I turn the DL's off.

Its not legal to run the DL all the time at night because they make seeing the nav lights difficult.

Aqua

Aquaholic
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I went to aqua signal site and the compact ones are the oem docking lights on my XLV.
Again I like them. IMO My fathers Cobalt has so huge lights that are awsome looking but I wonder if the bow is to narrow to install them. 02cents

Aqua

Razzman
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
The docking lights do exactly what they are intended for, lighting the way for docking or loading. They are not intended for any other use.

These docking lights from Innovative Lighting look the same (may be the same) and are cheaper.

Innovative Lighting Docking Lights (http://www.innovativelight.com/docking-hull-back-up-lights_p_1489_11567_1.cfm#)