PDA

View Full Version : Couple issues please help!!

Berditsmen
07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I have an 04' Moomba Mobius LS.

The first issue is tight steering, I am sure the steering cable needs to be replaced how easy is this to do and 2 can you lube them (like dirtbikes etc.)to keep them working longer?

Issue 2 is something that is very intermitent. The engine will just die like it ran out of fuel, sometimes full throttle or just cruising. Where should I start?

Thanks for any help!!

newty
07-27-2010, 04:37 PM
As far as the steering check the how to section here. I'm sure I've seen it documented there but I think you can lubricate it rather than replace it.

Now the intermittent dieing, I would check the kill switch where the lanyard is attatched. Those can cause frequent issues. Also check all the main harnesses that plug into the motor to see if they are seated completely, check all your battery connections as well as. Look under the dash and check for good connections on your power and ground terminals as well as and harness plugs.

That should get you going on the obvious things.

gcnettl
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Does your engine run rough and then die, or just like you were running fine and then turned the ignition off?

maxpower220
07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
I would start by replacing the fuel filter. Check the fuel pump wires and the other stuff others mentioned.

deepcove
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a 04 LS as well which just rolled 790 hrs. I am on my third steering cable and second control cable. If it is stiff replace it. it is not that difficult to do yourself and you save a bunch of cash. Remove the motor cover, remove the floor behind the motor which is held down by 2 screws and another peice of the floor in front of the motor beside the drivers seat ( I think there are 4 screws on this one). Remove the back seat cushion and then the rear ballast tank. You unhook the cable at the rudder and at the steering wheel, tie a rope to the rudder end and pull the cable out at the steering end. Once it is out you use the rope to pull the new cable back through.

As for your other issue I would start with the fuel filter. I replace mine every 100 hrs. I have had isuues when it gets clogged. It has never died completely, just idles fine but bogs down under load.

Berditsmen
07-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys it dies as if it were running out of fuel and then has a hard time starting and stay running but after we get it running no issues. You can get a guy out of the water and then it will die. Like I said it is very intermitent with the way its cutting out has to be fuel.