PDA

View Full Version : Options for new lsv

cdctexas
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Intend to purchase new lsv soon, based on seating, size, styling, etc. All family members like the boat. What features are a must have?
3 teenagers all just starting to learn to wakeboard, live on the river full time with boat dock. Also plan to have slalom skiers occasionally.
Suggestions please?
Also, anything that I should decline when prompted by experienced sales person?
Single axle trailer v. tandem? will rarely use.

Kidder
07-26-2010, 08:42 PM
My minimum requirements would be:

Z5 cargo rack for additional storage. It's a lot cheaper to buy with the boat than after the fact.

G3 ballast - so you can build a bigger wake as everyone progresses

Wakeplate - to adjust for the boarders and skiers

Appearance package - stainless rubrail, cleats, docking lights

Off topic: Where in Texas are you located? Be sure to fill out your profile completely. :)

bjames
07-27-2010, 11:00 AM
For those who live in Canada, I would recommend getting the built in heater. Comes in real handy warming riders up after a run.

cab13367
07-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Intend to purchase new lsv soon, based on seating, size, styling, etc. All family members like the boat. What features are a must have?
3 teenagers all just starting to learn to wakeboard, live on the river full time with boat dock. Also plan to have slalom skiers occasionally.
Suggestions please?
Also, anything that I should decline when prompted by experienced sales person?
Single axle trailer v. tandem? will rarely use.

My must haves would be:

Perfect Pass
Gravity three ballast system
Wakeplate but I believe that is standard now?
Fuel injected engine (I believe this is standard now as well).
Snap in covers since you will be leaving the boat on the dock.
Bimini if you don't want to be in the sun all day long.

The standard board racks are $315 for both sides from monstertower.com so pass on that if the dealer wants more than that amount.

I would pass on the tandem axle trailer since it sounds like you will rarely tow the boat. Otherwise, that would be a must have for me.

All the other options are "nice to have" vs "must have" in my opinion.

jester
07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
I have to agree with Al.
If you have to cut back keep the Perfect Pass system. It is also called the relationship saver.

The Bimini is nice because it gives you an escape from the sun on the hot days.

I am not big on the snap in cover and have never had and issue putting on my normal cover on the water.

cab13367
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I am not big on the snap in cover and have never had and issue putting on my normal cover on the water.

That's true. Now that the new covers don't require being strapped to the trailer, I suppose they would work just as well as a mooring cover. But I like the fact that the front bow cover can be used as a very effective windblock for those cold days.

cdctexas
07-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Am narrowing in on several boats and this helps. Location is Lake McQueeney in Seguin, Texas. I saw some new wraps that will be, or are already available. Does it make any sense to buy a white boat and put one of the new wraps on it, or should I not mess with that at all? Another question, no one mentioned and extra gelfoam upgrade that I saw listed on some of the online websites. Anything to that? What exactly is that feature?