PDA

View Full Version : Ignition

Ktn_cmu
08-17-2004, 02:28 PM
I have a 1992 Boomerang with the 5.8 liter PCM engine. I am having trouble with my engine and was told it is most likely the ignition system. However, the ignition system I need (4 coils mounted on the rear of the engine with some sort of an ECM, and strange non-distributor thing at the front which is a type of crankshaft position sensor but looks more like a hockey puck) is no longer produced, therefore I need to convert to a traditional electronic ignition (distributor, single coil, etc). Is this "obsolete" ignition available anywhere, or can I get the conversion kit directly and install it myself. The PCM dealer is quite pricey for a job that shouldn't be too difficult with parts that are pretty common. Thanks for the help/advice!

Kyle

Catdog1
08-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Not certain, but erring on the side of safety for a fellow Moombateer, in case you don't already know, use only marine parts. No auto parts for electrical gear. Price will always be more.

Maybe somebody else here can identify the specific parts your describing....

Wake Master
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Try calling the guy at discount indoard marine. skidim.com This guy helped me in the past with some problems I had on a 1989 ski natique with a PMC engine. They offer Free advice 803-345-0996