PDA

View Full Version : Rough Day Yesterday

lewisb13
07-26-2010, 08:28 AM
So we headed out on the water yesterday. Me and 3 of my girl friends. As Im getting close to where we are going to anchor the boat jumps like we hit an iceberg or something. We all stop and look at each other. I am pissed at this point because I havent been having the best of luck with this new-to-me boat. Anyways, we anchor and I get out and start feeling around. Great. Theres a whole mess of rope wrapped around the prop. So anyways we get to asking around for a knife and Im under there trying to cut it all out and all at once I pull my arm back into my body for whatever reason and of course I slit my wrist completely open on the prop. Unreal. Totally needed stiches, but we had just got out there and I wasnt about to ruin everyones day so we wrapped it up as best we could and continued on. Then as we are graciously returning what I thought was the sharpest filet knife Ive had my hands on, the owner of the knife drops the knife in the water. Theres people everywhere. He eventually gives up looking. Needless to say, we put together a search team. Moral of the story, be CAREFUL with that prop!

patrick232
07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
I would go to west marine or overtons and order the following and keep in the boat, floating knife with line attached to it and a good mask do you can see the prop. Just speaking from past mistakes.

sandm
07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
sucks for ya. hope it doesn't mess up your riding for long :)

we keep goggles on board just for that reason. haven't had to use yet (knocks on wood), but have loaned them out a couple of times for that issue..