PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now im officially PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastlx
07-25-2010, 06:03 PM
ok, so I posted a few weeks back with the problems that my boat was having. Well it went into the shop to be fixed. They said that has some "software" issues that needed to be updated and a code that needed to be cleared. So after missing last weekend due to it being in the shop, I picked it up yesterday. We got out on the water this morning and headed out. Everything went well and we stopped to start boarding. So I was first to go. I was in the water, and ready to go. My wife was driving the boat. She put it in gear, and I told her to hit it. The rope went from tight to limp. I knew something was wrong. She yells out that the boat stalled. I got back to the boat and it was running, but it seemed to be idling faster or something. I got in the boat and put it in gear to see what was up. The boat would only go a bit over an idle speed. I gave it some gas, almost full throttle and it would not go any faster. I noticed that the check engine light was on as well. I put it back in neutral and then back in gear again to limp back to the launch. About 20 feet later, it died and would not start again. Got towed in and so on. They said that the fuel pressure was fine and that they replaced the fuel filter and checked the anti-siphon valve. I am at a loss. I have a week long vacation in 2 weeks coming up where we are taking the boat. Any one with ideas? I dont know that I am 100% confident in the dealers service department, but they are the only one around me. Any help would be appreciated. I also run blue stabel in my fuel to help with the ethenal.

kaneboats
07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
It's much easier for us to offer help if you post the model and year of your boat and your geographic location.

fastlx
07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
sorry. 2008 Moomba LS with 39 hours on it. Im in the Seattle, Wa area. Weather was about 75 degrees when it happened.