PDA

View Full Version : whats up with skiers choice

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-24-2010, 02:06 PM
usually in the past i never had an issue getting thru to someone or having them call me back but this is pathetic i've call and left messages for matt brown 3 times now in the last 2 weeks cause i've been told thats who i need to talk to to answer my questions about how much weight can be pulled by each point the tower, ski pylon, eyelet, transom hooks. i can't believe in the whole company only one guy can answer this question... or that he can't get free for 5 min in a 2 week period.

Jon
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Dealers Meeting was this past weekend so many have been out for setup for this event. Photo shoots may be going on as well.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Dealers Meeting was this past weekend so many have been out for setup for this event. Photo shoots may be going on as well.

yeah i know they have a lot going on right now with the meetings but i spoke to anthony and he answered most my questions and said matt will be back in tuesday and i need to contact him. called tues and thurs along with a message last week. in the voice mail i told him exactly what i wanted to know... how much weight can each pull point support. if he's too busy he could have passed the info on to someone else to call me back but its been 3 messages in 2 weeks.

Kidder
07-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Why wouldn't this be something the dealer can answer? If it is not, it should be.

loudsubz
07-24-2010, 11:22 PM
I have sent about 3-4 different emails and never has one been responded to...I can understand they may be busy and I should call but whats the point in having an email address posted then, it should only have the one point of contact.

Kidder
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Why aren't you guys contacting your dealers? If I had an issue, I'd contact them or let them contact SC.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Why wouldn't this be something the dealer can answer? If it is not, it should be.

my local dealer is a joke... don't think they are a moomba dealer anymore i got my boat 5 hours away in michigan. my new local dealer will be 3 hours away.i wanna hear the answer from skiers choice so if something goes wrong i'm certain i got the right info. i mean i talked to a guy at skiers choice and he couldn't give me the correct answer so why would a dealer know the exact limitations?

wolfeman131
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Yo Gus,

I feel your frustration, but many companies have become much leaner during these times and your message may have been 1 of 100 or 1,000 that Matt had when he got back from the Dealer's Meeting. My guess is that he doesn't sit at his desk all day long, waiting on the edge of his seat just waiting for calls from customers with questions. I'm sure you'll hear out of someone as soon as they can reach you with the right answer.

iwakeboard
07-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Matt is the busiest guy over at Skiers Choice, you should speak to someone in customer service over there, Matt's in engineering. Regarding the tower tow weight, you should never tow more than a single wakeboarder or a single skier, never more, and never (ever) pull a tube/inflatable from the tower. Hope this helps.

moombadaze
07-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Is there not a sticker on the rear ski pilon with the capacity your looking for? I could swear there is some sort of safety sticker on mine-I would go and look but the boat is at home while im at work. Also think there is a sticker on the transom for the same thing.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
this morning i called talked to a woman in customer service told her my issue she agreed matt is the guy to answer the question and pretty much the only one. she said she'd have him or someone else call me back by the end of the day. its after 9 now pretty certain that got me the same result.

i have no sticker on my pylon or transom area telling me weight restrictions.

a guy that works for skier choice told me he pulled two wakeboarders at one time numerous times from the tower. so i'm glad i got that info from you cause i would have taken him at his word that it was ok.
i don't really see the point of that cause it seems dangerous if you get crazy behind the boat.

i don't expect matt to call me back and chat with me for an hour just pass the answer to my question on to someone else who isn't as busy and i'd be happy.

goose
07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Brett,

I apologize about not getting back to you. I will try to answer your questions....

The rear tow eye capacity is located on warning sticker on transom and in the owners manual. The weight limit on that is 800 lbs.

The tower capacity is also located on warning sticker on tower and in the owners manual. It says the tower is designed to pull a single wakeboarder.

The tow pylon is designed to meet the USA waterski tow boat guidelines. Here is a link to that...

http://www.usawaterski.com/pages/divisions/3event/AWSATowboatManual.pdf

If you look at Rule 8, subsection 3, paragraph 2 you will see that the tow pylon requirements are a minimum of 1323 lbs. Our pylon is designed to meet that.

I understand you are wanting to pull some type of exhibition with your boat and I have heard of others doing similar things but from the factory we can only give you our design limits.

Again, I apologize about delay in response. In the future you may try emailing me instead of phone calls. Our phone call log is very long and email is typically a faster method to reach us.

Thanks and good luck.

matt

wolfeman131
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Matt,

Thanks for hopping on the board and providing the answers! Now, get off the internet and back to work on those awesome 2011 boats!!! :)

goose
07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
hahaha. I will try to do my best.....

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-27-2010, 02:15 PM
thanks matt for getting back to me. i don't have a sticker on my tower or ski pylon telling me anything but i do for the eyelet so that info helped out.
what about the transom hooks i know they are intended for holding down the boat or for lifting it but are you able to hook one person onto each of these?
thanks again

goose
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry about confusion. When I said the rear tow eye, I was referring to each tow eye on the transom. Each tow eye should be able to support 800 lbs. I was not referring to the middle transom rail with hook. However, the middle transom rail should be plenty strong to hold one person.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions, you should email me at [email protected].

I will probably not be checking this forum the rest of the day. thanks.

matt

cab13367
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
The tow pylon is designed to meet the USA waterski tow boat guidelines. Here is a link to that...

http://www.usawaterski.com/pages/divisions/3event/AWSATowboatManual.pdf

If you look at Rule 8, subsection 3, paragraph 2 you will see that the tow pylon requirements are a minimum of 1323 lbs. Our pylon is designed to meet that.

So should we not be towing any boats over 1300 lbs from the ski pylon?