PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Issue

pjtatro
07-24-2010, 09:58 AM
I have a 2005 XLV with the servo driven PP. I had an issue last weekend where I lost my alternator (not the belt, the alternator stopped putting out power). While I was getting in under batter power, the PP kept constantly rebooting. I now have the new alternator installed. PP is now going wack, telling me I am going 48mph while backing out of my slip, jumping from 48 t0 2 to 34, to whatever, no rhyme or reason. Boat operates fine with PP off. I have performed the system reset on the PP, did not change anything. Also, when it is on and I try to turn it off, it asks if I am in neutral (as it should), I am, I say yes, and it just alarms and will not allow me to turn PP off. I then turn off the boat and turn PP off at start-up.

Long diatribe, but I thought the more detail the better,

thanks for listening.

Pete

gcnettl
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I would like an answer on this one... PP has great customer service, just have not had the time to get them on the phone and be at my boat to troubleshoot. Mine gives a true MPH reading while PP is not on, but when I turn the control on, the speed is all over the place. So for now I have it set to RPM mode, which the only problem with that is the boat takes longer to get to wakeboarding speed and the speed drops a great deal while making a turn.

pjtatro
07-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Mine does the same thing, speed is ok when PP is off, but all over the place when PP is on.

jroberts
07-25-2010, 04:25 AM
You can do a system reset by holding down a couple of the buttons while the unit powers up. I think that it is the on/off and the ^, but check the online manual to be sure.

pjtatro
07-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks, I did the PP reset, (Holding down the on/off and menu buttons while powering it up), ran thru the sequence in the manual and it did not resolve the issue.

Pete

pjtatro
07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I talked to PP support this morning. I need to check the wiring under the dash, as this problem points to a loose wire. Seems while I was trying to get it to stop constantly rebooting I may have shook something loose..........

Pete