PDA

View Full Version : I'm Heading Out This Weekend For Some R&R

zabooda
07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
We finally got in the 100's so I going 80 miles away for a four day weekend and get away from the Hydroplane Races. My daughter is going up on Saturday so I plan to do some boarding and skiing with her and her boyfriend. Sunday, she is going to the races and she turned 21 this spring so I'm hoping she has a designated driver.

I was late getting reservations at the state park so Saturday I will be in my motor home parked in a gravel fisherman's launch area in 100 degree heat. I actually don't mind it if we stay on the water until dark as it cools into the 70's at night.

I like going there as the water is very warm (mid-80's) while the water on the rivers at home is still warming up. Cold water tends to bother me more than it did in the past.

Everyone have a good weekend and be safe.

bbyquist
07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Gonna be HOT in spokanistan this weekend, woohoo! Where you boating this weekend zabooda?

zabooda
07-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Going to the Potholes. The water has been high all over the place so I'm hoping the dunes will be accessable.

bbyquist
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Excellent, haven't been to potholes in a while. Water temps should be nice. Have a good one!

kaneboats
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Have a blast! I know what you mean about the cold water. I don't mind the temps too much but a 45 min ride in the truck and then getting in the cold water really prevents me from loosening up the ancient knees.

zabooda
07-28-2010, 03:02 AM
The water was 82 degrees, air temp was 100 degrees, no wind and no boats. What else could you ask for? The kids loved it and I did too.

moombadaze
07-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos--boy do I miss that area