PDA

View Full Version : Water in Motor Area

wilkieref
07-22-2010, 02:36 PM
When we are sitting at the sandbar my Moomba Mobius LS seems to take on water in the engine area. While we are sitting for a while the bilge pump come on several times over the course of a couple of hours. Any ideas on where the water is coming in?

cab13367
07-22-2010, 03:01 PM
When we are sitting at the sandbar my Moomba Mobius LS seems to take on water in the engine area. While we are sitting for a while the bilge pump come on several times over the course of a couple of hours. Any ideas on where the water is coming in?

What year is your boat? It's probably coming from the shaft seal. Look for the prop shaft from inside the boat and follow it as it goes out thru the hull. There is a large nut that is the prop shaft seal. See if it's leaking thru that seal.

gcombe74
07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I have been having this issue all season.. and like Ed my first thoughts where shaft seal.. but it was all good... so last weekend I am burping my ballast bag and the drain hose comes completely off the front pump...hahaha

issue solved ... maybe heck your hose fitting on your ballast system..... because for the life of me I could not find my leak for the last 2 months.. even so paranoid I was checking the bottom of the boat in the garage.

wilkieref
07-22-2010, 03:16 PM
2006 is the year. If it is coming in from prop shaft seal, how easy is it to fix?

cab13367
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
2006 is the year. If it is coming in from prop shaft seal, how easy is it to fix?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10841