PDA

View Full Version : Outback LSV for Slalom Skiing

hoskier
08-13-2004, 03:39 AM
I just bought an Outback LSV this year. I choose this for the room and was told by the dealer to be a good over all boat for Wakeboarding and skiing. My problem is when I slalom I need to be 34-36 MPH and when I ski 22 or 28 off the wake seems to have a hump. I have the wake plate but have not been able to smooth out the hump. Anyone have any suggestions. Seems that my old 18 Foot V hull with a 150 outboard had a smoother wake.

carsondoc
08-13-2004, 04:00 PM
HO Skier,
It sounds like you've done all you can. That is a good wakeboard boat but I don't think it's going to be a great slalom boat. All you can really do is make the boat as light as possible and crank up the speed, then play with the wake plate to optimize the wake the best you can. Good luck.

Isabeloutback
08-17-2004, 10:23 AM
I have the opposite problem, I have the base outback and we don't waterski. My son's boarding has progressed to the point where he needs a bigger wake and we are looking for a lsv to get more weight in the boat. Let me know if you decide to change boats and maybe we can make something work.

My boat is an 04 outback, yellow with the 320 motor option and the tower. Currently less than 20 hours and in showroom condition.

slalomski
08-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Isabeloutback,

Do you have a tower? If not, maybe you should get one installed. I've noticed on my 03 Outback that when I load up the rear of the boat with 4-5 people it puts out a hell of a wake at 22 mph (it's NOT comparable to the mobius) but it's great for younger kids and intermediate boarders. I'm sure there are some things you can do to the Outback to enhance the wake instead of being unhappy with it. Try some things first before you go out and trade it in. I think you'd end up loosing money in the long run.

Just a thought!
Slalomski

slalomski
08-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Duh..... just notice the end of your post... You said you have a tower didn't you!! Sorry.

I'm feeling stupid now!!
Slalomski